A xenon-iodine electric discharge bactericidal lamp
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We present the working characteristics of a continuous UV lamp emitting at λ=206 nm, pumped by a longitudinal glow discharge. The pressure of the working Xe-I2 gas-vapor mixture was within 0.1–10 kPa. The power deposited in the discharge was varied within 10–130 W. The current-voltage characteristics, the emission spectra in a 200–600 nm wavelength range, the line emission intensity as a function of the power deposited in the discharge plasma, and the partial pressure of xenon in the lamp were studied. It is established that the lamp operates in the range of 206–342 nm on a resonance line of iodine at 206 nm and on the bands at 253 nm [XeI(B-X)] and 342 nm [I2(B-X)]. Not less than half of the output UV emission power is concentrated in the bactericidal spectral interval (around λ=206 nm). The total UV emission power of the lamp reaches 6–7 W at an efficiency of ≤5%.
- I. W. Boyd and J.-X. Zhang, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 617, J4.4.1 (2000).
- G. S. Polunin, V. V. Kourencov, and E. G. Polunina, J. Refract. Surg. 14, S230 (1998).
- A. P. Golovitskii and S. N. Kan, Opt. Spektrosk 75, 604 (1993) [Opt. Spectrosc. 75, 357 (1993)].
- A. I. Panchenko and V. F. Tarasenko, Opt. Spektrosk. 84, 389 (1998) [Opt. Spectrosc. 84, 337 (1998)].
- A. K. Shuaibov, A. I. Dashchenko, and I. V. Shevera, Kvantovaya Élektron. (Moscow) 31, 371 (2001).
- M. I. Lomaev and V. F. Tarasenko, Proc. SPIE 4747, 390 (2002).
- Properties of Inorganic Compounds: A Handbook (Khimiya, Leningrad, 1983).
- A. K. Shuaibov, L. L. Shimon, A. I. Dashchenko, and I. V. Shevera, Prib. Tekh. Éksp., No. 1, 104 (2002).
- A. K. Shuaibov, L. L. Shimon, A. I. Dashchenko, and I. V. Shevera, J. Phys. Stud. 5(2), 131 (2001).
- A xenon-iodine electric discharge bactericidal lamp
Technical Physics Letters
Volume 29, Issue 10 , pp 871-872
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors