The present state of cluster radioactivity research
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Complete mass distributions of the energetically allowed decays of nuclei with A > 112 were calculated including the known regions of cluster radioactivity and cold fission. These processes represent different branches of the more general family of cold decays. A short review of the current experimental situation is given. The existing data indicate that the transition between the sudden (α-decay-like) and adiabatic (fission-like) mechanisms of the fragments formation takes place at the fragments mass values A ∼ 35–40. The study of elastic scattering or fusion-fission reaction of the decay products could serve as a sensitive tool for investigation of the decay mechanism. Some new experiments to be carried out and planned are listed.
- G. A. Pik-Pichak, Yad. Fiz. 44, 1421 (1986) [Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 44, 923 (1986)].
- W. Schwab et al., Nucl. Phys. A 577, 674 (1994).
- Qiang-yan Pan et al., Chin. Phys. Lett. 16, 251 (1999).
- R. Bonetti et al., Nucl. Phys. A 686, 64 (2001).
- A. A. Ogloblin et al., Phys. Rev. C 61, 034301 (2000).
- M. Croni et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei,” Sanibel Insland, Florida, 1997, Ed. by J. Hamilton and A. Ramayya (World Sci., Singapore, 1998), p. 109.
- A. Guglielmetti et al., Phys. Rev. C 56, 2912 (1997). CrossRef
- D. N. Poenaru et al., At. Data Nucl. Data Tables 48, 231 (1991). CrossRef
- S. G. Kadmenskii, S. D. Kurgalin, et al., Yad. Fiz. 57, 1981 (1994) [Phys. At. Nucl. 57, 1905 (1994)].
- R. Blendowske and H. Walliser, Phys. Rev. Lett. 61, 1930 (1988). CrossRef
- L. Brillard et al., C. R. Acad. Sci. (Paris), Ser. II 309, 1105 (1989).
- A. A. Ogloblin et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Nuclear Shells—50 Years,” Dubna, 1999, Ed. by Yu. Ts. Oganessian and R. Kalpakchieva (World Sci., Singapore, 2000), p. 124.
- D. N. Poenaru, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Reaction Mechanisms, Varenna, Italy, 1999, p. 348.
- A. A. Ogloblin and S. P. Tretyakova, in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Physics of Isomers, St. Petersburg, 2000, Ed. by F. F. Karpeshin et al. (VNIIÉF, Sarov, 2001), p. 122.
- V. P. Rudakov et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 65, 637 (2001).
- S. P. Tretyakova et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Nuclear Shells—50 Years,” Dubna, 1999, Ed. by Yu. Ts. Oganessian and R. Kalpakchieva (World Sci., Singapore, 2000), p. 154.
- B. Buck and A. C. Merchant, Phys. Rev. C 39, 2097 (1989). CrossRef
- The present state of cluster radioactivity research
Physics of Atomic Nuclei
Volume 66, Issue 9 , pp 1618-1621
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links