Dispersionless polaritons on a twist boundary in optically uniaxial crystals
- A. N. Darinskii
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
It has been shown that the so-called dispersionless localized waves (polaritons) can exist in a bicrystal formed by two identical crystals. The optical axes of these crystals lie at the interface at a certain angle to one another. The exact analytic expression is derived for the velocity of the wave propagating along the bisector of the angle between the optical axes in the upper and the lower parts of the bicrystal. The wave structure is analyzed for several limiting cases.
- M. I. D’yakonov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 94(4), 119 (1988) [Sov. Phys. JETP 67, 714 (1988)].
- V. N. Lyubimov and D. G. Sannikov, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 14, 675 (1972) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 14, 575 (1972)].
- V. M. Agranovich and V. L. Ginzburg, Crystal Optics with Spatial Dispersion and Excitons (Nauka, Moscow, 1979; Springer-Verlag, New York, 1984).
- F. I. Fedorov, Optics of Anisotropic Media (Akad. Nauk BSSR, Minsk, 1958).
- F. I. Fedorov, Theory of Gyrotropy (Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk, 1976).
- Dispersionless polaritons on a twist boundary in optically uniaxial crystals
Volume 46, Issue 5 , pp 842-844
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- A. N. Darinskii (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Shubnikov Institute of Crystallography, Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninskii pr. 59, Moscow, 117333, Russia