Dynamics of dislocations and disclinations of the field of a few-order optical fiber: I. Creation and annihilation of C ± disclinations
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is shown experimentally and theoretically that the interconversion dynamics of the field of the LP11 mode combination of a few-mode optical fiber is determined by the interaction of circularly polarized pure edge C + and C − disclinations. The C + and C − disclinations correspond to characteristics of the field for which the right-or left-circularly polarized electric field goes to zero. During propagation the uniformly linear-polarized dislocations D y break down into four C + disclinations travelling in opposite senses. When each pair of C − and C + disclinations meet they annihilate each other and form linear polarization. The field of the linearly polarized disclinations thus created sums up out of phase into the original field and forms a uniformly linearly polarized field with D x dislocations.
- A. W. Snyder and J. D. Love, Optical Waveguide Theory (Chapman and Hall, New York, 1983) [Russ. transl., Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1987].
- A. V. Volyar and T. A. Fadeeva, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 22(8), 63 (1996) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 22, 333 (1996)].
- J. F. Nye, Proc. R. Soc. London Ser. A 387, 105 (1983).
- J. V. Hajnal, Proc. R. Soc. London Ser. A 414, 447 (1987).
- I. V. Basistiy, M. S. Soskin, and M. V. Vasnetsov, Opt. Commun. 103, 422 (1993). CrossRef
- A. V. Volyar, A. M. Bykov, and I. S. Volkov, [sic] Opt. Spektrosk. 61, 190 (1986) [Opt. Spectrosc. (USSR) 61, 123 (1986)].
- A. V. Ilyenkov, A. I. Khiznyak, and L. V. Kreminskaya, Appl. Phys. A 62, 465 (1996).
- Dynamics of dislocations and disclinations of the field of a few-order optical fiber: I. Creation and annihilation of C ± disclinations
Technical Physics Letters
Volume 23, Issue 1 , pp 57-60
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors