Interface optical anisotropy in a heterostructure with different cations and anions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A theory of optical anisotropy and quantum-confined Pockels effect in CA/C′A′(001) quantum-well structures with different cations and anions, i.e. for C≠C′ and A≠A′, has been developed. The theory is based on a generalized effective-mass method, in which the boundary conditions for the envelope functions were constructed taking into account the mixing of heavy-and light-hole states under normal incidence of the hole on the interface. It is shown that an absorption anisotropy in interband transitions occurs for different mixing coefficients t l−h in the boundary conditions for the right-hand (A-C′) and left-hand (A′-C) interfaces. An analysis is made of the interface contribution to the anisotropy induced by an external electric field for coinciding and different band offsets at the interfaces. The microscopic sp 3 s* tight-binding model is used to estimate the difference between the t l−h(A-C′) and t l−h(A′-C) coefficients.
- Y. Fu, M. Willander, E. L. Ivchenko, and A. A. Kiselev, Phys. Rev. B 47, 13 498 (1993), E. L. Ivchenko, A. A. Kiselev, Y. Fu, and M. Willander, Phys. Rev. B 50, 7747 (1994).
- E. L. Ivchenko, A. Yu. Kaminskii, and I. L. Aleiner, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 104, 3401 (1993) [JETP 77, 609 (1993)]; E. L. Ivchenko, A. Yu. Kaminski, and U. Rössler, Phys. Rev. B 54, 5852 (1996).
- B. R. Bennett, B. V. Shanabrook, R. J. Wagner, J. L. Davis, and J. R. Waterman, Appl. Phys. Lett. 63, 949 (1993).
- P. M. Thibado, B. R. Benett, M. E. Twigg, B. V. Shanabrook, and L. J. Whitman, Appl. Phys. Lett. 67, 3578 (1995). CrossRef
- A. Y. Lew, S. L. Zuo, E. T. Yu, and R. H. Miles, Appl. Phys. Lett. 70, 75 (1997). CrossRef
- O. Krebs and P. Voisin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 77, 1829 (1996). CrossRef
- O. Krebs, W. Seidel, and P. Voisin, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser. No. 155: Chapter 12, in Proceedings of the 23rd International Symposium on Compound Semiconductors (St. Petersburg, Russia, 1996), edited by M. S. Shur and R. A. Suris (1997), p. 859.
- O. Krebs, W. Seidel, J. P. André, D. Bertho, C. Jouanin, and P. Voisin, Semicond. Sci. Technol. 12, 938 (1997). CrossRef
- S. H. Kwok, H. T. Grahn, K. Ploog, and R. Merlin, Phys. Rev. Lett. 69, 973 (1992).
- W. Seidel, O. Krebs, P. Voisin, J. C. Harmand, F. Aristone, and J. F. Palmier, Phys. Rev. B 55, 2274 (1997). CrossRef
- P. Vogl, H. P. Hjalmarson, and J. D. Dow, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 44, 365 (1983).
- A. Yu. Kaminskii, Candidate Thesis, FTI RAN (1996).
- Interface optical anisotropy in a heterostructure with different cations and anions
Physics of the Solid State
Volume 40, Issue 10 , pp 1748-1753
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors