Find out how to access preview-only content
Date: 10 May 2014
The health and health care of women veterans
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- U.S. General Accounting Office, Actions Needed to Insure That Female Veterans have Equal Access to VA Benefits, September 1982 (GAO/HRD-82-98).
- U.S. General Accounting Office, VA Health Care for Women: Despite Progress, Improvements Needed, January 1992 (GAO/HRD-92-93).
- U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, VA Provision of Health Care to Women Veterans and Related Issues, Hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, 103rd congress, June 23, 1993, USGPO Serial No. 103–19.
- Public Laws 98–160, 102–585, 103–446.
- Yano EM, Washington DL, Goldzweig C, Caffrey C, Turner C. The organization and delivery of women’s health care in Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers. Women’s Health Issues. 2003;13:55–61. CrossRef
- Washington DL, Caffrey C, Goldzweig C, Simon B, Yano EM. Availability of comprehensive women’s health care through Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers. Women’s Health Issues. 2003;13:50–4. CrossRef
- Kizer KW. The “New VA”: a national laboratory for health care quality management. Am J Med Qual. 1999;14:3–20. CrossRef
- Perlin JB, Kolodner RM, Roswell RH. The Veterans Health Administration: quality, value, accountability, and information as transforming strategies for patient-centered care. Am J Manag Care. 2004;10(part 2):828–36.
- VA Health Services Research and Development Service. HSR&D Priorities for Investigator-Initiated Research—Fiscal Year 2006. Health Services Research and Development Service Program Announcement. 2005, April 7. Available at: http://www1.va.gov/resdev/funding/solicitations/docs/HSR_Priorities_2006.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2005.
- The health and health care of women veterans
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 3 Supplement, pp S3-S4
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd., 111G, Los Angeles, CA
- 2. UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 3. VA Greater Los Angeles HSR&D Center of Excellence, Sepulveda, CA, USA
- 4. VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, CA, USA
- 5. UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 6. Institute for the Study of Health, University of Cineinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA