Inhibition of DT-diaphorase is a requirement for Mn3+ to produce a 6-OH-dopamine like rotational behaviour
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Intracerebral managanese administration together with the DT-diaphorase inhibitor dicoumarol (Mn3+ 40 nmol+-dicoumarol 2 nmol; in 4 μl) into the left medial forebrain bundle (MFB) produced a behavioural pattern characterised by contralateral behaviour when the rats were stimulated with apomorphine (0.5 mg/kg s.c.), in a manner similar to that when administered to unilaterally 6-hydroxy-dopamine-lesioned animals. The same animals rotated towards the opposite side (ipsilaterally) when stimulated with d-amphetamine (2 mg/kg s.c.). These results support the idea that DT-diaphorase plays a protective role in the dopaminergic systems.
- Baez, S., Linderson, Y. and Segura-Aguilar, J. (1995) “Superoxide dismutase and catalase enhance autoxidation during one-electron reduction of aminochrome by NADPH-cytochrome P-450 reductase”, Biochem. Mol. Med. 54, 12–18. CrossRef
- Herrera-Marschitz, M. and Ungersted, U. (1984a) “Evidence that apomorphine and pergolide induce rotation in rats by different actions on D1 and D2 receptors sites”, Eur. J. Pharmacol. 98, 165–176. CrossRef
- Herrera-Marschitz, M. and Ungersted, U. (1984b) “Evidence that striatal afferents related to different dopamine receptors”, Brain Res. 323, 269–278. CrossRef
- Kilpatrick, I.C., Starr, M.S., Fletcher, A., James, T.A. and MacLeod, N.K. (1980) “Evidence for a GaBAergic nigrotectal amino butyrate-containing neurons in striatal and nigral-derived circlingin the rat”, Neuroscience, 7, 207–222. CrossRef
- Langston, J.W. and Ballard, Jr., P.A. (1983) “Parkinson’s disease in a chemist working with 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,5,6-tetrahydropyridine”, N. Engl. J. Med. 309, 310.
- Naoi, M., Maruyama, W., Dostert, P., Hashizume, Y., Nakahara, D., Takahashi, T. and Ota, M. (1996) “Dopamine-derived endogenous 1 (R), 2 (N)-dimethyl-6,7-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline, N-methyl-(R)-salsolinol, induced parkinsonism in rat: biochemical, pathological and behavioral studies”, Brain Res. 709, 285–295. CrossRef
- Paris, I., Dagnino-Subiabre, A., Marcelain, K., Bennett, L.B., Caviedes, P., Caviedes, R., Olea Azar, C. and Segura-Aguilar, J. (2001) “Copper neurotoxicity is dependent on dopaminemediated copper uptake and one-electron reduction of aminochrome in rat substantia nigra neuronal cell line”, J. Neurochem. 77, 519–529. CrossRef
- Segura-Aguilar, J., and Lind, C. (1989) “On the mechanism of Mn3+ induce neurotoxicity of dopamine: prevention of quinone derived oxygen toxicity by DT-diaphorase and superoxid dismutase”, Chem. Biol. Interact. 72, 309–324. CrossRef
- Segura-Aguilar, J., Metodiewa, D. and Welch, C.J. (1998) “Metabolic activation of dopamine o-quinones to o-semi quinones by NADPH cytochrome P450 reductase may play an important role in oxidative stress and apoptotic effects”, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1381, 1–6.
- Schultzberg, M., Segura-Aguilar, J. and Lind, C. (1988) “Distribution of DT-diaphorase in the rat brain: biochemical and immunohistochemical studies”, Neuroscience 27, 763–766. CrossRef
- Inhibition of DT-diaphorase is a requirement for Mn3+ to produce a 6-OH-dopamine like rotational behaviour
Volume 4, Issue 2 , pp 127-131
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Faculty of Medicine, Program of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, ICBM, University of Chile, Avd. Independencia 1027, Cassila 7000, Santiago-7, Chile
- 2. Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden