Effect of seed treatment on infection of wheat by seedborne inoculum of Fusarium graminearum Group 1
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Fenarimol and triadimefon caused significant (P<0.01) in hibition of linear growth of Fusarium graminearum Group 1 at 100 ppm whereas fenfuram and carboxin caused inhibition at 500 and 1000 ppm, respectively, in in vitro studies.
The use of wheat seed infected naturally with F. graminearum Group 1 resulted in infection of plants by this fungus, crown rot development and whitehead formation. Seed treatment with carboxin, fenarimol and triadimefon at rates used commercially did not affect the incidence of infected plants, whitehead formation, seedling emergence or yield.
- Atanasoff, D. (1920)—Fusariurn blight (scab) of wheat and other cereals. Journal of Agricultural Research 20: 1–32.
- Burgess, L. W., Dodman, R. L., Pont, W. and Mayers, P. (1981)—Fusarium diseases of wheat, maize and grain sorghum in Eastern Australia. In Fusarium: Disease, Biology, and Taxonomy, (eds P. E. Nelson, T. A. Toussoun and R. J. Cook), pp. 64–76. University Park, Pennsylvania: The Pennsylvania State University Press.
- Burgess, L. W., Klein, T. A., Bryden, W. L. and Tobin, N. F. (1987)—Head blight of wheat caused by Fusarium graminearum Group 1 in the wheat belt of New South Wales in 1983. Australasian Plant Pathology 16: 72–78. CrossRef
- Burgess, L. W. and Liddell, C. M. (1983)—Laboratory Manual for Fusarium Research. Department of Plant Pathology and Agricultural Entomology, University of Sydney.
- Francis, R. G. and Burgess, L. W. (1977)— Characteristics of two populations of Fusarium roseum ‘Graminearurn’ in eastern Australia. Fansactions of the British Mycological Society, 68: 421–427. CrossRef
- Purss, G. S. (1966)—Studies of varietal resistance to crown rot of wheat caused by Fusarium graminearum Schw. Queensland Journal of Pgricultural and Animal Sciences 23: 475–498.
- Effect of seed treatment on infection of wheat by seedborne inoculum of Fusarium graminearum Group 1
Australasian Plant Pathology
Volume 16, Issue 4 , pp 79-81
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Plant Pathology and Agricultural Entomology, I. A. Watson Wheat Research Centre, University of Sydney, 2390, Narrabri, New South Wales
- 2. Department of Plant Pathology and Agricultural Entomology, University of Sydney, 2006, Sydney, New South Wales