First report of anilinopyrimidine-resistant phenotypes in Botrytis cinerea on grapevines in Australia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Anilinopyrimidine-resistant phenotypes of Botrytis cinerea are recorded for the first time in Australian vineyards. The frequency of resistance among the 910 isolates obtained during 1997/98, 1999/2000 and 2000/01 was 0%, 12% and 4%, respectively. There were two resistant phenotypes and these were designated as low resistant (EC50=1.5 mg/L) and resistant (EC50=2.5 mg/L). Both the resistant phenotypes were found to possess multiple resistances to benomyl (benzimidazole) and iprodione (dicarboximide). It is considered that the frequency of anilinopyrimidine resistance observed currently in Australian vineyards does not pose any immediate risk in the use of pyrimethanil for management of Botrytis bunch rot.
- Foster B, Muller E (1997) In vivo method for monitoring cyprodinil sensitivity in populations of Botrytis cinerea. Bulletin-OEPP 2, 191–194.
- Leroux P, Chapeland F, Arnold A, Gredt, M (2000) Patterns of cross-resistance to fungicides in field isolates of Botrytis cinerea. Abs.XIIth International Botrytis Symposium, Reims, France, 2000, L32.
- Leroux P, Gredt M (1996) In vitro methods for monitoring pyrimethanil resistance of Botrytis cinerea in grapevine. Bulletin-OEPP 2, 186–188.
- Nair NG, Borchert E, Villagran K, Spooner-Hart R (1997) Tools for managing Botrytis rot of grapes — monitoring incidence of pathogen and fungicide resistance. Australian Grapegrower and Winemaker 405, 51–55.
- Staube T (1991) Fungicide resistance: Practical experience with resistance strategies to fungicides in Botryotiniafuckelina (Botrytis cinerea) isolates in French vineyards. Annual Review of Phytopathology 29, 421–422. CrossRef
- First report of anilinopyrimidine-resistant phenotypes in Botrytis cinerea on grapevines in Australia
Australasian Plant Pathology
Volume 31, Issue 3 , pp 299-300
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors