Find out how to access preview-only content
Delays in transfer to the ICU
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Sirio CA, Knaus WA. Quality assessment and assurance in the intensive care unit. In: Sivak ED, Higgins TL, Seiver A, eds. The High Risk Patient: Management of the Critically Ill. Philadelphia: Williams & Wilkins; 1995:1576–86.
- Strosberg MA, Teres D. Gatekeeping in the Intensive Care Unit Chicago: Health Administration Press; 1997.
- Knaus WA, Zimmerman JE, Wagner DP, Draper EA, Lawrence DE. APACHE-acute physiology and chronic health evaluation: a physiologically based classification system. Crit Care Med. 1981;9:591–7. CrossRef
- Knaus WA, Wagner DP, Draper EA, et al. The APACHE III prognostic system. Risk prediction of hospital mortality for critically ill hospitalized adults. Chest. 1991;100:1619–36.
- Zimmerman JE, Wagner DP, Draper EA, Wright L, Alzola C, Knaus WA. Evaluation of acute physiology and chronic health evaluation, III. Predictions of hospital mortality in an independent database Crit Care Med. 1998;26:1317–26. CrossRef
- Young MP, Gooder VJ, McBride K, James B, Fisher ES. Inpatient transfers to the intensive care unit: delays are associated with increased mortality and morbidity. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18:77–83. CrossRef
- Rosenthal GE, Kaboli PJ, Barnett MJ, Sirio CA. Age and the risk of in-hospital death: insights from a multihospital study of intensive care patients. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002;50:1205–12. CrossRef
- Bell CM, Redelmeier DA. Mortality among patients admitted to hospitals on weekends as compared with weekdays. N Engl J Med. 2001;345:663–8. CrossRef
- Needleman J, Buerhaus P, Mattke S, Stewart M, Zelevinsky K. Nurse-staffing levels and the quality of care in hospitals. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:1715–22. CrossRef
- Fieselmann JF, Hendryx MS, Helms CM, Wakefield DS. Respiratory rate predicts cardiopulmonary arrest for internal medicine inpatients. J Gen Intern Med. 1993;8:354–60. CrossRef
- Delays in transfer to the ICU
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 155-156
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine and Program for Interdisciplinary Research in Health Care, Iowa City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Iowa City, Iowa