Find out how to access preview-only content
On the prevention and treatment of exaggeration
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Psaty BM, Heckbert SR, Koepsell TD, et al. The risk of incident myocardial infarction associated with anti-hypertensive drug therapies. Circulation. 1995;91:925.
- Kolata G. Heart attacks may have tie to drug type. New York Times. March 12, 1995:27.
- Brunt ME, Murray MD, Hui SL, Kesterson J, Perkins AJ, Tierney WM. Mass media release of medical research results: an analysis of antihypertensive drug prescribing in the aftermath of the calcium channel blocker scare of March 1995. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18:84–94. CrossRef
- Grilli R, Ramsay C, Minozzi S. Mass media interventions: effects on health services utilisation. Cochrane Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Group. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1): CD000389. Review.
- Stamm K, Williams JW, Hitchcock Noël P, Rubin R. Helping journalists get it right: a physician’s guide to improving health care reporting. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18:138–145. CrossRef
- Fontanarosa P, Flanagin A. Prepublication release of medical research. JAMA. 2000;284:2927–9. CrossRef
- Schwartz L, Woloshin S, Baczek L. Media coverage of scientific meetings: too much, too soon? JAMA. 2002;287:2859–63. CrossRef
- Drastic surgery for drastic obesity (staff editorial). New York Times. November 24, 2002:12.
- Moynihan R, Bero LA, Ross-Degnan D, et al. Coverage by the media of the benefits and risks of medications. N Engl J Med. 2000;342:1645–50. CrossRef
- Schwartz L, Woloshin S. News media coverage of screening mammography for women in their 40s and tamoxifen for primary prevention of breast cancer. JAMA. 2002;287:3136–42. CrossRef
- On the prevention and treatment of exaggeration
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 153-154
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors