Find out how to access preview-only content
Increasing screening for alcohol use disorders
- David Oslin MD
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Osterling A, Berglund M. Elderly first time admitted alcoholics: a descriptive study on gender differences in a clinical population. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1994;18:1317–21. CrossRef
- Liberto JG, Oslin DW, Ruskin PE. Alcoholism in older persons: a review of the literature. Hosp Commun Psychiatry. 1992;43(10):975–84.
- Barry KL, Blow FC, Walton MA, et al. Elder-specific brief alcohol intervention: 3-month outcomes. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 1998;22:32. Abstract.
- Reid MC, Tinetti ME, Brown CJ, Concato J. Physician awareness of alcohol use disorders among older patients. J Gen Intern Med. 1998;13:729–34. CrossRef
- Grant BF, Harford TC. The relationship between ethanol intake and DSM-III alcohol use disorders: a cross-perspective analysis. J Subst Abuse. 1989;1:231–52. CrossRef
- Dawson DA. Consumption indicators of alcohol dependence. Addiction. 1994;89:345–50. CrossRef
- Rice C, Duncan DF. Alcohol use and reported physician visits in older adults. Prev Med. 1995;24:229–34. CrossRef
- Adams WL, Fleming M, Barry K. Screening for problem drinking in older primary care patients. JAMA. 1996;276:1964–7. CrossRef
- Thun MJ, Peto R, Lopez AD, et al. Alcohol consumption and mortality among middle-aged and elderly US adults. N Engl J Med. 1997;337:1705–14. CrossRef
- Conigliaro J, Lofgren RP, Hanusa BH. Screening for problem drinking: impact on physician behavior and patient drinking habits. J Gen Intern Med. 1998;13:251–6. CrossRef
- Cooney NL, DiClemente CC, Carbonari J, et al. Matching alcoholism treatments to client heterogeneity—Project Match posttreatment drinking outcomes. J Stud Alcohol. 1997;58:7–29.
- O’Malley SS, Jaffe AJ, Chang G, Schottenfeld RS, Meyer RE, Rounsaville B. Naltrexone and coping skills therapy for alcohol dependence: a controlled study. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992;49:881–7.
- Volpicelli JR, Alterman AI, Hayashida M, O’Brien CP. Naltrexone in the treatment of alcohol dependence. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1992;49:876–80.
- Oslin D, Liberto J, O’Brien J, Krois J, Norbeck J. Naltrexone as an adjunctive treatment for older patients with alcohol dependence. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 1997;5:324–32. CrossRef
- Fleming MF, Barry KL, Manwell LB, Johnson K, London R. Brief physician advice for problem alcohol drinkers. JAMA. 1997;277:1039–45. CrossRef
- Adams A, Ockene JK, Wheeler EV, Hurley TG. Alcohol counseling: physicians will do it. J Gen Intern Med. 1998;13:692–8. CrossRef
- Increasing screening for alcohol use disorders
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 13, Issue 11 , pp 781-782
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- David Oslin MD (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa