Find out how to access preview-only content
Symptoms and science
- Kurt Kroenke MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Schappert SM. National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 1989 summary. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat. 1992;13(110):1–80.
- Martina B, Bucheli B, Stotz M, Battegay E, Gyr N. First clinical judgment by primary care physicians distinguishes well between nonorganic versus organic causes of abdominal or chest pain. J Gen Intern Med. 1997;12:459–65. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Mangelsdorff AD. Common symptoms in ambulatory care: incidence, evaluation, therapy, and outcome. Am J Med. 1989; 86:262–6. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Price RK. Symptoms in the community prevalence classification, and psychiatric comorbidity. Arch Intern Med. 1993; 153:2474–80. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Spitzer RL, Williams JBW, et al.. Physical symptoms in primary care: predictors of psychiatric disorders and functional impairment. Arch Fam Med. 1994;3:774–9. CrossRef
- Marple RL, Kroenke K, Lucey CR, Wilder J, Lucas CA. Concerns and expectations in patients presenting with physical complaints: frequency, physician perceptions and actions, and two-week outcome. Arch Intern Med. (in press).
- Bigos S, Bowyer O, Braen G, et al. Acute Low Back Problems in Adults. Clinical Practice Guideline No. 14. Rockville, Md.: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research Public Health Service. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: 1994. AHCPR publication no. 95-0642.
- Schmitt BP, Kushner MS, Wiener SL. The diagnostic usefulness of the history of the patient with dyspnea. J Gen Intern Med. 1986;1:386–93. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Wood DR, Mangelsdorff AD, Meier NJ, Powell JB. Chronic fatigue in primary care: prevalence, patient characteristics, and outcome. JAMA. 1988;260:929–34. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Lucas CA, Rosenberg ML, et al.. Causes of persistent dizziness: a prospective study of 100 patients in ambulatory care. Ann Intern Med. 1992;117:898–904.
- Hampton JR, Harrison MJG, Mitchell JRA, Prichard JS, Seymour C. Relative contributions of history-taking, physical examination. and laboratory investigation to diagnosis and management of medical outpatients. BMJ. 1975;2:486–9. CrossRef
- Peterson MC, Holbrook JH, Hales DV, Smith NL, Staker LV. Contributions of the history, physical examination, and laboratory in-vestigation in making medical diagnoses. West J Med. 1992;156: 163–5.
- Mold JW, Stein HF. The cascade effect in the clinical care of patients. N Engl J Med. 1986;314:512–4. CrossRef
- Jensen MC, Brant-Žawadski MN, Obuchowski N, Modic MT, Malkasian D, Ross JS. Magnetic resonance imaging of the lumbar spine in people without back pain. N Engl J Med. 1994;331:69–73. CrossRef
- Kroenke K, Lucas CA, Rosenberg ML, Scherokman BJ, Herbers JE. One-year outcome in patients with a chief complaint of dizziness. J Gen Intern Med. 1994;9:684–9. CrossRef
- Wasson JH, Sox HC, Soc CH. The diagnosis of abdominal pain in ambulatory male patients. Med Decis Making. 1981;1:215–24. CrossRef
- Jackson JL, Chamberlin J, Kroenke K. A controlled trial to assess the value of recognizing mental disorders and concerns and expectations. J Gen Intern Med. 1996;11(suppl 1):134. Abstract.
- Thomas KB. General practice consultations: is there any point in being positive? BMJ. 1987;294:1200–2.
- Simon G, Gater R, Piccinelli M. Somatic symptoms of distress: an international primary care study. Psychosom Med. 1996;58:481–8.
- Kravitz RL, Callahan EJ, Paterniti D, Antonius D, Dunham M, Lewis CE. Prevalence and sources of patient’s unmet expectations for care. Ann Intern Med. 1996;125:730–7.
- Verbrugge LM, Ascione FJ. Exploring the iceberg: common symptoms and how people care for them. Med Care. 1987;25:539–69. CrossRef
- Symptoms and science
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 12, Issue 8 , pp 509-510
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Kurt Kroenke MD (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Regenstrief Institute For Health, Indianapolis, Ind.