Parallel Symmetric Attack on NTRU using Non-Deterministic Lattice Reduction
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Currently, the most efficient passive attack on the NTRU public-key cryptosystem, proposed by Coppersmith and Shamir , is based on finding a short enough vector in an integral lattice. An NTRU lattice possesses a cyclic automorphism group whose symmetry may be exploited. We have designed methods for reducing bases of NTRU integral lattices based on this symmetry. In addition to these methods, we use hill-descending techniques to combine new and proposed lattice-reduction algorithms. This approach includes deterministic and non-deterministic components which may be efficiently parallelized.
- D. Coppersmith and A. Shamir, Lattice attacks on NTRU, Advances in Cryptology-EUROCRYPT '97, (Walter Fumy, ed.), Springer LNCS, Vol. 1233 (1997) pp. 52–61.
- Grötschel, M., Lovász, L., Schrijver, A. (1991) Geometric Algorithms and Combinatorial Optimization 2: pp. 139-156
- J. Hoffstein, J. Pipher and J. H. Silverman, NTRU: A Ring-Based Public Key Cryptosystem, Preprint (1998).
- J. Hoffstein and J. Silverman, Optimizations for NTRU. In Proceedings of Public Key Cryptography and Computational Number Theory, de Gruyter, Warsaw (September, 2000).
- N. Howgrave-Graham, P. Nguyen, D. Pointcheval, J. Proos, J. H. Silverman, A. Singer and W. Whyte, The impact of decryption failures on the security of NTRU encryption. In Proceedings of Crypto 2003, Santa Barbara, USA (2003).
- Lenstra, A. K., Lenstra, H. W., Lovàsz, L. (1982) Factoring polynomials with rational coefficients. Mathematische Annalen 261: pp. 515-534
- Proos, J. A. (2003) Imperfect Decryption and Partial Information Attacks in Cryptography. University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- C. P. Schnorr, Block Korkin-Zolotarev Bases and Successive Minima, Technical Report TR-92–063 (1992).
- Parallel Symmetric Attack on NTRU using Non-Deterministic Lattice Reduction
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
Volume 32, Issue 1-3 , pp 369-379
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- lattice reduction
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematical Sciences, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL, 33431
- 2. Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL, 33431