Phospholipase-mediated preparation of 1-ricinoleoyl-2-acyl-sn- glycero-3-phosphocholine from soya and egg phosphatidylcholine
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
1-Ricinoleoyl-2-acyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine was prepared by incorporating ricinoleic acid completely in the sn-1 position of egg and soya phosphatidylcholine (PC) using immobilized phospholipase A1 as the catalyst. The optimum reaction conditions for maximum incorporation of ricinoleic acid into PC through transesterification were 10% (w/w) immobilized enzyme (116 mg), a 1:5 mol ratio of PC (soya, 387 mg; egg, 384 mg) to methyl ricinoleate (780 mg) at 50 °C for 24 h in hexane.
- Bafor M, Smith MA, Jonsson L, Stobart K, Stymne S (1991) Ricinoleic acid biosynthesis and triacylglycerol assembly in microsomal preparations from developing castor-bean (Ricinus communis) endosperm. Biochem. J. 280: 507–514.
- Borsotti G, Guglielmetti G, Spera S, Battistel E (2001) Synthesis of phosphatidylcholines containing ricinoleic acid. Tetrahedron 57: 10219–10227.
- Cahoon EB, Ohlrogge JB (1994) Metabolic evidence for the involvement of a Δ-4-palmitoyl-acyl carrier protein desaturase in petroselinic acid synthesis in coriander endosperm and transgenic tobacco cells. Plant Physiol. 104: 827–837.
- Christie WW (1972) The preparation of alkyl esters from fatty acid and lipids. In: Gunstone FD, ed. Topics in Lipid Chemistry, Vol. 3. London, UK: Paul Elek (Scientific Books) Ltd., Logos Press, pp. 171–198.
- Ghosh M, Bhattacharyya DK (1997) Soya lecithin-monoester interchange reaction by microbial lipase. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 74: 761–763.
- Haraldsson GG, Thorarensen A (1999) Preparation of phospholipids highly enriched with n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids by lipase. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 76: 1143–1149.
- Harwood JL (1996) Recent advances in biosynthesis of plant fatty acids. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1301: 7–56.
- Hornung E, Pernstich C, Feussner I (2002) Formation of conjugated Δ11, Δ13-double bonds by Δ12-linoleic acid (1,4)-acyllipid-desaturase in pomegranate seeds. Eur. J. Biochem. 269: 4852–4859.
- Schmidt JC, Orthoefer (1985) Lecithin in baking applications. In: Szuhaj BF, List GR, eds. Lecithins. Champaign, IL: American Oil Chemists' Society, pp. 203–211.
- Singleton WS, Gray MS, Brown ML, White JL (1965) Chromatographically homogeneous lecithin from egg phospholipids. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 42: 53–56.
- Vijayalakshmi B, Rao SV (1972) Fatty acid composition of phospholipids in seed oils containing unusual acids. Chem. Phys. Lipids 9: 82–86.
- Phospholipase-mediated preparation of 1-ricinoleoyl-2-acyl-sn- glycero-3-phosphocholine from soya and egg phosphatidylcholine
Volume 26, Issue 13 , pp 1077-1088
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- egg lecithin
- phospholipase A1
- ricinoleic acid
- soya lecithin
- Industry Sectors