Brief Report: Autistic Children's Attentiveness and Responsivity Improve After Touch Therapy
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Field, T. (1990, April). Newborn behavior, vagal tone and catecholamine activity in cocaine exposed infants. Symposium presented at the International Society of Infant Studies, Montreal, Canada.
- Field, T., Ironson, G., Pickens, J., Nawrocki, T., Fox, N., Scafidi, F., Burman, I., & Schanberg, S. (1996). Massage therapy reduces anxiety and enhances EEG pattern of alertness and math computations. International Journal of Neuroscience, 86, 197–205.
- Field, T., Morrow, C, Valdeon, C., Larson, S., Kuhn, C., & Schanberg, S. (1992). Massage therapy reduces anxiety in child and adolescent psychiatric patients. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 31, 135–131.
- Krug, D., Arick, J., & Almond, P. (1979). Autism screening instrument for educational planning: Background and development. In J. Gilliam (Ed.), Autism: Diagnosis, instruction, management and research. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- Mundy, P., Sigman, M., & Kasari, C. (1994). Joint attention, developmental level, and symptom presentation in autism. Development and Psychopathology, 6, 389–401.
- Porges, S. W. (1991). Vagal tone: A mediator of affect. In J. A. Garber & K. A. Dodge (Eds.), The development of affect regulation and dysregulatoin (pp. 111–128). New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Seibert, J. M., Hogan, A. E., & Mundy, P. C. (1982). Assessing interactional competencies: The Early Social-Communication Scales. Infant Mental Health Journal, 3, 244–245.
- Brief Report: Autistic Children's Attentiveness and Responsivity Improve After Touch Therapy
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 27, Issue 3 , pp 333-338
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Touch Research Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, 33101
- 2. University of Miami School of Medicine, USA
- 3. Nova University, USA