Psychosocial Rehabilitation for the Mentally Disabled: What Have We Learned?
- Martin Gittelman
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- International Conference on Productive Participation Programs for the Mentally Ill (Helsinki, Finland, 1971). Excerpta Medica, 1973, Suppl.
- Schooler, N., & Keith, S. (1993) The clinical research base for the treatment of schizophrenia. Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 29(4), 431.
- Bellack, A., & Meuser, K.T. (1993) Psychosocial treatment for schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 19, 317.
- Wallace, C.J. (1993) Psychiatric rehabilitation. Psychopharmacology Bulletin, 29, 537.
- Liberman, R.P., Massel, H.K., Mosk, M.D., & Wong, S.E. (1985). Social skills training for chronic mental patients. Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 36, 396.
- Weiden, P.J., & Olfson, M. (1995) Cost of relapse in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 21, 419.
- Zhang Mingyuan, Yan Heqin, Yao Chengde, Ye Jianlin, Yu Qingfeng, Chen Peijun, Guo Lianfung, Yang Jizhong, Qu Guangya, Wong Zhen, Cai Jianhua, Shen Minghua, John Orley, Martin Gittelman. (1993) Effectiveness of psychoeducation of relatives of schizophrenic patients: A prospective cohort study in five cities of China. International Journal of Mental Health, 22(1), 47.
- Chen Yau Fang et al. Controlled, community-based treatment and rehabilitation of 853 persons with schizophrenia. In press.
- May, P. (1968) Treatment of schizophrenia: A comparative study of five treatment methods. New York: Science House.
- Herz, M., Glazer, W.M., Mostert, M.A., et al. (1991) Intermittent and maintenance medication in schizophrenia. Archives of General Psychiatry, 48, 333.
- Gittelman, M. (1965) Behavior rehearsal as a technique in child treatment. British Journal of Child Psychiatry, 5(3/4).
- Wolpe, J. (1958) Psychotherapy by reciprocal inhibition. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- Hersen, M., & Bellack, A. (1976) Social skills training for chronic psychiatric patients: Rationale, research findings and future directions. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 17, 559.
- Hogarty, G.E., Anderson, C.M., Reiss, D.J., Kornblith, S.J., Greenwald, D.P., Javna, C.P., Madonia, M.J., & the EPICS Research Group (1986) Family psychoeducation, social skills training, and maintenance chemotherapy in the aftercare treatment of schizophrenia. I: One-year effects of a controlled study on relapse and Expressed Emotion. Archives of General Psychiatry, 43, 633.
- Hogarty, G., et al. (1991) Family psychoeducation, social skills training, and maintenance chemotherapy in the aftercare treatment of schizophrenia. II: Two-year effects of a controlled study on relapse and adjustment. Archives of General Psychiatry, 48, 346.
- Gittelman, M., & Birch, H.G. (1967) Childhood schizophrenia. Archives of General Psychiatry.
- Leff, J. (Ed.) (1995) Expressed Emotion: Growing points and new direction—1 and 2. International Journal of Mental Health, 24 (2 and 3).
- Tarrier, N., & Barrowclough, C. (1995) Family interventions in schizophrenia and their long-term outcomes. International Journal of Mental Health, 24(3), 38.
- New York State Commission on the Quality of Care for the Mentally Disabled (1993) Admission and discharge practices of psychiatric hospitals. A report to the New York State Legislature by the New York State Commission of the Quality of Care for the Mentally Disabled, April 1988. Cited in Quality of Care (Newsletter of the NYS Commission of Quality of Care...), June–July 1993.
- Serban, G., & Thomas, A. (1974) Attitudes and behaviors of acute and chronic schizophrenic patients regarding ambulatory treatment. American Journal of Psychiatry, 136, 991.
- Bennett, D. (1967) In: H. Freeman (Ed.), New directions in mental health services.
- Wing, J.K. (1978) Schizophrenia. Towards a new synthesis. London: Academic Press.
- Eaton, W.W., et al. (1992) Long-term course of schizophrenia: Part I. Risk for rehospitalization for schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 18, 217.
- Pasamanick, B., Scarpitti, F., & Dinitz, S. (1967) Schizophrenics in the community. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts.
- Test, M., Knoedler, W.H., Allness, D.R., & Burke, R.E. (1991) Long-term community care through an assertive continuous treatment team. In C.A. Tamminga & S.C. Schulz (Eds.), Advances in neuropsychiatry and psychopharmacology. New York: Raven Press.
- Gittelman, M. (1972) Sectorization: The quiet revolution in European mental health care. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 42, 159.
- Gittelman, M., Dubuis, J., & Gillet, M. (1973) Recent developments in French public mental health. Psychiatric Quarterly, 41, 509.
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation for the Mentally Disabled: What Have We Learned?
Volume 68, Issue 4 , pp 393-406
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Martin Gittelman (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. NYU-OMH Program for Advanced Studies in Psychosocial Rehabilitation, USA
- 2. Department of Psychiatry, NYU Medical Center. Manhattan Psychiatric Center, New York, NY, 10035