(R)-Oxynitrilase-catalysed synthesis of chiral silicon-containing aliphatic (R)-ketone-cyanohydrins
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Optically active 2-trimethylsilyl-2-hydroxyl-ethylcyanide was prepared by enzymatic enantioselective transcyanation of acetyltrimethylsilane with acetone cyanohydrin in a biphasic system at 35 °C and pH 5. (R)-Oxynitrilase from apple seed meal was the best among all the enzymes explored and diisopropyl ether was the most suitable organic phase. Acetyltrimethylsilane was a better substrate of the enzyme than its carbon analogue. The substrate conversion and product enantiomeric excess of 2-trimethylsilyl-2-hydroxyl-ethylcyanide were >99% and >99%, respectively.
- Costes D, Wehtje E, Adlercreutz P (2001) Cross-linked crystals of hydroxynitrile lyase as catalyst for the synthesis of optically active cyanohydrins. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 11: 607–612.
- Fukui T, Zong MH, Kawamoto T, Tanaka A (1992) Kinetic resolution of organosilicon compounds by stereoselective dehydrogenation with horse liver alcohol dehydrogenase. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 38: 209–213.
- Griengl H, Klempier N, Pochlauer P, Schmidt M, Shi NY, Zabelinskaja-Mackova AA (1998) Enzyme catalysed formation of (S)-cyanohydrins derived from aldehydes and ketones in a biphasic solvent system. Tetrahedron 54: 14477–14486.
- Han SQ, Chen PR, Lin GQ, Huang H, Li ZY (2001) (R)-oxynitrilase-catalyzed hydrocyanation: the first synthesis of optically active fluorinated mandelonitriles. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 12: 843–846.
- Harada T, Hayashiya T, Wada I, Iwa-ake N, Oku A (1987) Enantioselective functionalization of prochiral diols via chiral spiroketals: preparation of optically pure 2-substituted 1,3-propanediol derivatives and asymmetric synthesis of chroma ring and side chain of ?-tocopherol. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 109: 527–532.
- Kawamoto T, Yamanaka H, Tanaka A (2000) Enzymatic preparation of optically active silicon-containing amino acids and their application. Appl. Biochem. Biotech. 88: 17–22.
- Kiljunen E, Kanerva LT (1997) Approach to (R)-and (S)-ketone cyanohydrins using almond and apple meal as the source of (R)-oxynitrilase. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 8: 1551–1557.
- Lou WY, Zong MH, Fan XD, Lu JQ, Du W (2002) Asymmetric microbial reduction of organosilyl ketone with immobilized Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells in water/organic solvent biphase system. Prog. Biochem. Biophys. 29: 297–301.
- Mori K (1989) Synthesis of optically active pheromones. Tetrahedon 45: 3233–3298
- Smith RJ, Pietzsch M, Waniek T, Syldatk C, Bienz S (2001) Enzymatic synthesis of enantiomerically enriched D-and L-3-silylated alanines by deracemization of DL-5-silylmethylated hydantoins. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 12: 157–165.
- Willeman WF, Straathof AJJ, Heijnen JJ (2002) Reaction temperature optimization procedure for the synthesis of (R)-mandelonitrile by Prunus amygdalus hydroxynitrile lyase using a process model approach. Enzyme. Microbiol. Tech. 30: 200–208.
- Zani P (2001) Biotransformations of organosilicon compounds: enantioselective reduction of acyl silanes by means of baker's yeast. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 11: 279–285.
- Zong MH, Cheng Q, Lin Y (1999) Transesterification of organosilyl alcohol catalyzed by lipase in organic phase. Prog. Biochem. Biophys. 26: 259–261.
- (R)-Oxynitrilase-catalysed synthesis of chiral silicon-containing aliphatic (R)-ketone-cyanohydrins
Volume 25, Issue 3 , pp 219-222
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- asymmetric synthesis
- Industry Sectors