The Development of a Virtue Ethics Scale
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Drawing on conceptual works by Murphy (1999) and Solomon (1999), we develop a virtue ethics scale. Other ethics scales, which are grounded in deontological and teleological principles, may be used to classify people according to their beliefs about (1) the criteria they use to make ethical decisions, or (2) the ethicality of those decisions. We suggest augmenting these scales with our virtue ethics scale, which may be used to classify people according to their beliefs about the virtuous qualities of businesspeople.
- The Development of a Virtue Ethics Scale
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 42, Issue 2 , pp 197-208
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. College of Business and Technology, Department of Marketing, The University of Texas at Tyler, 3900 University Boulevard, Tyler, TX, 75799, U.S.A. E-mail
- 2. College of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Marketing, New Mexico State University, Box 30001, Dept. 5280, Las Cruces, NM, 88003-8001, U.S.A.