January 1999, Volume 26, Issue 3, pp 221-225
Privatization and the Rise and Fall of the Public Mental Health Safety Net
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Beigel, A., & Levenson, A. (1972). The community mental health center: Strategies and programs. New York, NY: Basic Books, Inc.
- Chang, C., Kiser, L., Bailey, J., Martins, M., Gibson, W., Schaberg, K, Mirvis, D., & Applegate, W. (1998). Tennessee's failed managed care program for mental health and substance abuse services. Journal of the American Medical Association, 279, 864-869.
- Deutsch, A. (1949). The mentally ill in America. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
- Gabriele, R., & Guida, A. (1998). Americans with Disabilities Act Behavioral Healthcare Tomorrow, 34-47.
- Hall, L., Edgar, E., & Flynn, L. (1997). Stand and deliver: Action call to a failing industry. Washington, DC: National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.
- Johnson, A. (1990). Out of bedlam. New York, NY: Basic Books, Inc.
- Mosher, L., & Burti, L. (1989). Community mental health principles and practices. New York, NY: W.W. Norton.
- Schnapp, W., & Bayles, S. (1997). Unintended consequences of managed care initiatives. Houston, TX: Mental Health Needs Council.
- Torrey, E. (1988). Nowhere to go. New York, NY: Harper and Row.
- Privatization and the Rise and Fall of the Public Mental Health Safety Net
Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research
Volume 26, Issue 3 , pp 221-225
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Texas Medical School, USA
- 2. Public and private mental health systems, USA
- 3. University of Houston, USA
- 4. Mental Health and Mental Retardation Authority of Harris County, TX