EVA: A new theoretically based molecular descriptor for use in QSAR/QSPR analysis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A new descriptor of molecular structure, EVA, for use in the derivation of robustly predictive QSAR relationships is described. It is based on theoretically derived normal coordinate frequencies, and has been used extensively and successfully in proprietary chemical discovery programmes within Shell Research. As a result of informal dissemination of the methodology, it is now being used successfully in related areas such as pharmaceutical drug discovery. Much of the experimental data used in development remain proprietary, and are not available for publication. This paper describes the method and illustrates its application to the calculation of nonproprietary data, log Pow, in both explanatory and predictive modes. It will be followed by other publications illustrating its application to a range of data derived from biological systems.
- Cramer, R.D. (1980) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 102: pp. 1837
- Johnson, C.D. (1973) The Hammett Equation. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, U.K.
- Hansch, C., Sammes, P.G., Taylor, J.B., Ramsden, C.A. eds. (1990) Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry. Pergamon, Oxford, U.K.
- Cramer, R.D., Patterson, D.E., Bunce, J.D. (1988) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 110: pp. 5959
- Stahle, L., Wold, S. (1988) Prog. Med. Chem. 25: pp. 292
- Sun, J. C., Tropsha, A. (1995) J. Med. Chem. 38: pp. 1060
- Golton, A.V. In: Straughan, B.P., Walker, S. eds. (1976) Spectroscopy. Chapman and Hall, London, U.K.pp. 9
- Leo, A.J., MEDCHEM database, Pomona College Medicinal Chemistry Project, Claremont College, CA, U.S.A.
- Cramer, R.D., Bunce, J.D., Patterson, D.E., Frank, I. (1988) Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh. 7: pp. 18
- Cramer, R.D. (1980) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 102: pp. 1849
- Wold, S. (1991) Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh. 10: pp. 191
- Clark, M., Cramer, R.D. (1993) Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh. 12: pp. 137
- EVA: A new theoretically based molecular descriptor for use in QSAR/QSPR analysis
Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design
Volume 11, Issue 2 , pp 143-152
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Molecular descriptor
- Drug discovery
- log Pow
- Normal coordinate analysis
- Industry Sectors