Solar Magnetoconvection – (Invited Review)
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In recent years the study of how magnetic fields interact with thermal convection in the Sun has made significant advances. These are largely due to the rapidly increasing computer power and its application to more physically relevant parameters regimes and to more realistic physics and geometry in numerical models. Here we present a survey of recent results following one line of investigations and discuss and compare the results of these with observed phenomena.
- Solar Magnetoconvection – (Invited Review)
Volume 192, Issue 1-2 , pp 109-118
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Organization L9-41 Building 252, Palo Alto, , CA , 94304, U.S.A.
- 2. School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham , NG7 2RD, U.K.
- 3. Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge , CB3 9EW, U.K.