Functional Dependencies between Variables
- Natasha Alechina
- … show all 1 hide
We consider a predicate logic Lfd where not all assignments of values to individual variables are possible. Some variables are functionally dependent on other variables. This makes sense if the models of logic are assumed to correspond to databases or states. We show that Lfd is undecidable but has a complete and sound sequent calculus formalisation.
- Abiteboul, S., R. Hull, and V. Vianu, Foundations of Databases, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1995.
- Alechina, N., Modal Quantifiers, PhD thesis, ILLC, University of Amsterdam, 1995.
- AndrÉka, H., J. van Benthem, and I. NÉmeti, ‘Back and forth between modal logic and classical logic’, Bulletin of the Interest Group in Pure and Applied Logic 3 (1995); 685-720.
- Scott, D., ‘Identity and existence in intuitionistic logic’, in M.P. Fourman, C.J. Mulvey, and D.S. Scott (eds.), Applications of Sheaves, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics 753, 660-696, 1979.
- NÉmeti, I., ‘Decidability of weakened versions of first order logic and cylindric relativized set algebras’, in L. Csirmaz, D.M. Gabbay, and M. de Rijke (eds.), Logic Colloquium '92, CSLI, Stanford, 1992.
- Functional Dependencies between Variables
Volume 66, Issue 2 , pp 273-283
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- functional dependencies
- Natasha Alechina (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. School of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, England