Pig in the Middle
- Sophie Mills
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Arnold, Arthur, “The pig-Pet, pork or sacrifice?”, Children's Literature in Education, 1988, 19, 80–85.
- Bawden, Nina, The Peppermint Pig. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1975.
- Farjeon, Eleanor, “The Tantony Pig,” in Martin Pippin in the Daisy-Field, pp. 92-112 in London, 1937.
- Griffith, John, Charlotte's Web: A Pig's Salvation. New York: Twayne, 1993.
- Hartvigsen, M. Kip, and Brog, Christen, “Haven Peck's legacy in A Day No Pigs Would Die,” English Journal, April 1985, 41-45.
- Horwitz, Richard P., Hog Ties: Pigs, Manure and Mortality in American Culture. New York: St Martin's Press, 1998.
- Kearney, Milo, The Role of Swine Symbolism in Medieval Culture: Blanc Sanglier. Lewiston, NY: E. Mellen Press, 1991.
- Kinghorn, Norton D., “The real miracle of Charlotte's Web,” Children's Literature Association Quarterly, 1986, 11, 4–9.
- King-Smith, Dick, Pigs Might Fly. Published as Daggie Dogfoot. London, 1980, New York: Viking, 1982.
- McGillis, Roderick, The Nimble Reader. New York: Twayne, 1997.
- Nodelman, Perry, “Text as teacher: The beginning of Charlotte's Web,” Children's Literature, 1985, 13, 109–127.
- Orwell, George, Animal Farm. London: Secker and Warburg, 1945, New York: Harcourt Brace, 1954.
- Peck, Robert Newton, A Day No Pigs Would Die. New York: Knopf, 1972.
- Rollin, Lucy, “The reproduction of mothering in Charlotte's Web,” Children's Literature, 1990, 18, 42–52.
- Sale, Roger, Fairy Tales and After: From Snow White to E.B. White. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1978.
- Scott, Jack Denton, The Book of the Pig. New York: Putnam, 1981.
- White, E.B., Charlotte's Web. New York: Harper, 1952.
- White, E.B., “Death of a pig,” in The Second Tree from the Corner, pp. 243–253. New York: Harper, 1954.
- Pig in the Middle
Children's Literature in Education
Volume 31, Issue 2 , pp 107-124
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Sophie Mills (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Classics Department, University of North Carolina, Asheville