Recovery Vision as a Service Improvement Guide for Community Mental Health Center Providers
- William C. TorreyAffiliated withDartmouth Medical School, West Central Services, Inc.
- , Philip WyzikAffiliated withWest Central Services
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Many mental health consumers are calling for Community Mental Health Center services to focus on creating opportunities for recovery. First person accounts of recovery portray a process which entails developing hope, taking personal responsibility for health, and building a broad sense of self that is not illness-dominated. Community Mental Health Centers can facilitate recovery by enhancing their clinicians' abilities to (1) communicate hope, (2) teach the skills and knowledge consumers need to effectively manage their health concerns, and (3) support consumers' efforts to get on with life beyond illness.
- Recovery Vision as a Service Improvement Guide for Community Mental Health Center Providers
Community Mental Health Journal
Volume 36, Issue 2 , pp 209-216
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors