Letter to the Editor: EMDR, ADCs, NDEs, and the Resolution of Loss
- Bruce J. Horacek
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Botkin, A. L. (2000). The induction of after-death communications utilizing eyemovement desensitization and reprocessing: A new discovery. Journal of Near-Death Studies, 18, 181–209.
- Bowlby, J. (1980). Loss: Sadness and depression. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Freud, S. (1957). Mourning and melancholia. In Strachey, J. (Ed.), The standard edition of the complete psychological works of Sigmund Freud, Volume 14 (pp. 237–258). London, England: Hogarth Press. (Original work published 1917)
- Greyson, B. (1983). The Near-Death Experience Scale: Construction, reliability, and validity. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 171, 369–375.
- Greyson, B. (1990). Near-death encounters with and without near-death experiences: Comparative NDE Scale profiles. Journal of Near-Death Studies, 8, 151–161.
- Horacek, B. J. (1991). Toward a more viable model of grieving and consequences for older persons. Death Studies, 15, 459–472.
- Horacek, B. J. (1995). A heuristic model of grieving after high-grief deaths. Death Studies, 19, 21–31.
- Horacek, B. J., and Horacek, S. A. (1999, June). Using eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) with near-death experiencers (NDErs). Paper presented to the EMDR International Association Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Klass, D., Silverman, P. R., and Nickman, S. L. (Eds.). (1996). Continuing bonds: New understandings of grief. Washington, DC: Taylor and Francis.
- Lewis, C. S. (1963). A grief observed. New York, NY: Seabury Press.
- Lindemann, E. (1944). Symptomatology and management of acute grief. American Journal of Psychiatry, 101, 141–148.
- Moody, R. A. (1975). Life after life. Covington, GA: Mockingbird Books.
- Osterweis, M., Solomon, F., and Green, M. (Eds.). (1984). Bereavement: Reactions, consequences, and care. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Parkes, C. M. (1972). Bereavement. New York, NY: International Universities Press.
- Rando, T. A. (1984). Grief, dying, and death: Clinical interventions for caregivers. Champaign, IL: Research Press.
- Raphael, B. (1983). The anatomy of bereavement. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Ring, K. (1980). Life at death: A scientific investigation of the near-death experience. New York, NY: Coward, McCann and Geoghegan.
- Worden, J. W. (1982). Grief counseling and grief therapy: A handbook for the mental health practitioner. New York, NY: Springer.
- Letter to the Editor: EMDR, ADCs, NDEs, and the Resolution of Loss
Journal of Near-Death Studies
Volume 19, Issue 3 , pp 186-189
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Bruce J. Horacek (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Gerontology, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, 68182-0202