Approximate Controllability for a Class of Abstract Second-Order Functional Evolution Equations
- M.A. Mckibben
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Results providing sufficient conditions for the approximate controllability of a class of second-order abstract functional evolution equations governed by the generator of a strongly continuous cosine family of linear operators, together with nonlocal initial conditions, are developed. This work extends results included in recent work by Naito, Park, Zhou, and others. The abstract theory is then applied to a parabolic partial integrodifferential equation.
- BYSZEWSKI, L., Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions of Semilinear Evolution Nonlocal Cauchy Problem, Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Rzeszowskiej Matematyka, Vol. 18, pp. 109–112, 1993.
- BYSZEWSKI, L., Theorems about the Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions of a Semilinear Evolution Nonlocal Cauchy Problem, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 162, pp. 494–505, 1991.
- CHABROWSKI, J., On the Nonlocal Problem for Parabolic Equations, Nagoya Mathematics Journal, Vol. 93, pp. 109–131, 1984.
- CHABROWSKI, J., On the Nonlocal Problem with a Functional for Parabolic Equation, Funkcialaj Ekvacioj Japana Matematika Soceito, Vol. 27, pp. 101–123, 1984.
- AIZICOVICI, S., and MCKIBBEN, M., Existence Results for a Class of Abstract Nonlocal Cauchy Problems, Nonlinear Analysis, Vol. 39, pp. 649–668, 2000.
- BALACHANDRAN, K., and DAUER, J.P., Existence of Solutions for an Integrodifferential Equation with Nonlocal Conditions in Banach Space, Libertas Mathematica, Vol. 16, pp. 133–143, 1996.
- BALACHANDRAN, K., and ILAMARAN, S., Existence and Uniqueness of Mild and Strong Solutions of a Semilinear Evolution Equations with Nonlocal Conditions, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 25, pp. 411–418, 1994.
- NTOUYAS, S. K., and TSAMATOS, P.C., Global Existence for Second-Order Semilinear Ordinary and Delay Integrodifferential Equations with Nonlocal Conditions, Applicable Analysis, Vol. 67, pp. 245–257, 1997.
- BALACHANDRAN, K., BALASUBRAMANIAM, P., and DAUER, J. P., Controllability of Nonlinear Integrodifferential Systems in Banach Space, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 84, pp. 83–91, 1995.
- BALACHANDRAN, K., BALASUBRAMANIAM, P., and DAUER, J.P., Local Null Controllability of Nonlinear Functional Differential Systems in Banach Spaces, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 88, pp. 61–75, 1996.
- QUINN, M. D., and CARMICHAEL, N., An Approach to Nonlinear Control Problems Using Fixed-Point Methods, Degree Theory, and Pseudo-Inverses, Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, Vol. 7, pp. 197–219, 1984.
- CHOI, J.R., KWUN, Y. C., and SUNG, Y.K., Approximate Controllability for Nonlinear Integrodifferential Equations, Journal of the Korean Society of Mathematics Education, Vol. 2, pp. 173–181, 1995.
- KWUN, Y.C., PARK, J. Y., and RYU, J.W., Approximate Controllability and Controllability for Delay Volterra Systems, Bulletin of the Korean Mathematical Society, Vol. 28, pp. 131–145, 1991.
- NAITO, K., and PARK, J.Y., Approximate Controllability for Trajectories of a Delay Volterra Control System, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 61, pp. 271–279, 1989.
- PARK, J.Y., HAN, H. K., and KWUN, Y.C., Approximate Controllability of Second-Order Integrodifferential Systems, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 29, pp. 941–950, 1998.
- TRAVIS, C. C., and WEBB, G. F., Cosine Families and Abstract Nonlinear Second-Order Differential Equations, Acta Mathematica Academiae Scientiarum Hungraricae, Vol. 32, pp. 75–96, 1978.
- BOCHENEK, J., An Abstract Nonlinear Second-Order Differential Equation, Annale Polonici Mathematici Liv, Vol. 2, pp. 155–166, 1991.
- WILLETT, D., and WONG, J.S.W., On the Discrete Analogues of Some Generalizations of Gronwall's Inequality, Montash Mathematica, Vol. 69, pp. 362–367, 1965.
- ZHOU, H.X., Approximate Controllability for a Class of Semilinear Abstract Equations, SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization, Vol. 21, pp. 551–565, 1983.
- RUDIN, W., Functional Analysis, McGraw-Hill, New York, N.Y., 1991.
- AIZICOVICI, S., and GAO, Y., Functional Differential Equations with Nonlocal Initial Conditions, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Stochastic Analysis, Vol. 10, pp. 145–156, 1997.
- Approximate Controllability for a Class of Abstract Second-Order Functional Evolution Equations
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 117, Issue 2 , pp 397-414
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Approximate controllability
- evolution equations
- cosine family
- second-order equations
- Industry Sectors
- M.A. Mckibben (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Goucher College, Baltimore, Maryland