Letter to the Editor
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Braun, B. G. (1988a). The BASK (behavior, affect, sensation, knowledge) model of dissociation. Dissociation, 1(1), 4-23.
- Braun, B. G. (1988b). The BASK model of dissociation: Clinical applications. Dissociation, 1(2), 16-23.
- Carlson, J. G., Chemtob, C. M., Rusnak, K., & Hedlund, N. L. (1996). Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing treatment for combat PTSD. Psychotherapy, 33, 104-113.
- Clayson, Z., Berkowitz, G., & Brindis, C. (1995). Themes and variations among seven comprehensive perinatal drug and alcohol abuse treatment models. Health and Social Work, 20, 234-238.
- Cottler, L. B., Compton, W. M., Mager, D., Spitznagel, E. L., & Janca, A. (1992, May). Posttraumatic stress disorder among substance users from the general population. American Journal of Psychiatry, 149(5), 664-670.
- Daniels, N., Lipke, H., Richardson, R., & Silva, S. (1992, October). Vietnam veterans' treatment programs using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. Symposium presented at the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies annual conventions, Los Angeles, CA.
- Downs, W. R., Miller, B. A., & Panek, D. D. (1993). Differential patterns of partner-to-woman violence: A comparison of samples of community, alcohol-abusing, and battered women. Journal of Family Violence 8, 113-135.
- Dunn, G. E., Ryan, J. H, Paolo, A. M., & Van Fleet, J. N. (1995). Comorbidity of dissociative disorders among patients with substance use disorders. Psychiatric Services, 46(2), 153-156.
- Evans, K., & Sullivan, J. M. (1995). Treating addicted survivors of trauma. New York: Gilford Press.
- Glover, N. M., Janikowski, T. P. & Benshoff, J. J. (1995, March/April). The incidence of incest histories among clients receiving substance abuse treatment. Journal of Counseling and Development, 73, 475-480.
- Helzer, J. F., & Pryzbeck, T. R. (1988). The co-occurrence of alcoholism with other psychiatric disorders in the general population and its impact on treatment. Journal of Studies on Alcohol 49, 219-224.
- Hester, R. K., & Miller, W. R. (1995). Handbook of alcoholism treatment approaches. Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Horvath, A. T. (1996, July). Is SMART as effective as AA? SMART recovery: News and views, pp. 1-2. Beachwood, OH: SMART Recovery, 24000 Mercantile Rd., Ste. 11, 44122.
- Institute of Medicine (1990). Broadening the base of treatment for alcohol problems. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- Lipke, H., & Botkin, A. (1992). Brief case studies of eye movement desensitization and reprocessing with chronic post-traumatic stress disorder. Psychotherapy, 29, 591-595.
- McCrady, B. S., & Delaney, S. I. (1995). Self-help groups. In R. K. Hester & W. R. Miller (Eds.), Handbook of alcoholism treatment approaches (2nd ed.) (pp. 160-175). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Miller, B. A., Downs, W. R., & Testa, M. (1993). Interrelationships between victimization experiences and women's alcohol use. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, Supplement 11, 109-117.
- Ouimette, P. C., Brown, P. J., & Najavits, L. M. (1998). Course and treatments of patients with both substance use and posttraumatic stress disorders. Addictive Behaviors, 23(6), 785-795.
- Popky, A. J. (1998). DeTUR (Desensitization of Triggers and Urge Reprocessing) A New Approach to Working with Addictions. Manuscript can be obtained by contacting Mr. Popky at 17461 Pleasant View Ave. Monte Sereno, CA 95030. Tel (408) 395-8541; Fax (408) 395-0846; Email: email@example.com
- Ross, Colin A., Kronson, J., Koensgen, S., Barkman, K., Clark, P., & Rockman, G. (1992) Dissociative comorbidity in 100 chemically dependent patients. Hospital & Community Psychiatry, 43(8), 840-842.
- Shapiro, F. (1995). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic principles, protocols, and procedures. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Shapiro, F., Vogelmann-Sine, S., & Sine, L. F. (1994). Eye movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Treating trauma and substance abuse. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 26(4), 379-389.
- Smyth, N. J. (1998) Substance abuse. In J. S. Wodarski & B. A. Thyer (Eds.), Handbook of empirical social work practice, Vol II: Social problems (pp. 123-153). New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Straussner, S. L. (1993). Assessment and treatment of clients with alcohol and other drug problems: An overview. In S. L. Straussner (Ed.), Clinical work with substance-abusing clients (pp. 3-30). New York: Guilford Press.
- Thomas, R. & Gafner, G. (1993). PTSD in an elderly male: Treatment with eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). Clinical Gerontologist, 14, 57-59.
- Triffleman, E. G., Marmar, C. R., Delucci, K. L., & Ronfeldt, H. (1995). Childhood trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in substance abuse inpatients. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 183(3), 172-176.
- van der Kolk, B. A., McFarlane, A. C. & Weisaeth, L. (Eds.) (1996). Traumatic stress: The effects of overwhelming experience on mind, body, and society. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Vogelmann-Sine, S., Sine, L. F., Smyth, N. J., & Popky, A. J (1998). EMDR chemical dependency treatment manual. Pacific Grove, CA: EMDR Institute.
- White, G. D. (1998). Trauma treatment training for Bosnian and Croatian mental health workers. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 63, 58-62.
- Young, W. (1995). EMDR: Its use in resolving the trauma caused by the loss of a war buddy. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 49, 282-291.
- Letter to the Editor
International Journal of Stress Management
Volume 6, Issue 4 , pp 285-290
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links