Numerical Simulation of Geomagnetic Trapping of Anomalous Cosmic Ray Ions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A method for simulating the propagation processes for ions of the anomalous component of cosmic rays in the Earth's magnetic field is described with allowance made for a step-by-step stripping of the ions in the residual atmosphere and their trapping by the geomagnetic field. Numerical results are presented for the geomagnetic trapping of high-energy singly charged oxygen ions penetrating into the stripping region from interplanetary space.
- Blake, J.B., Friesen, L.M. (1977) A Technique to Determine the Charge State of the Anomalous Low-Energy Cosmic Rays. 15th ICRC 2: pp. 341
- Grigorov, N.L., Bobrovskaya, V.V., Kondrat'eva, M.A. (1991) Charge States of Anomalous Oxygen. Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz 55: pp. 2017
- Tylka, A.J., Theoretical Modeling and Interpretation of Trapped Anomalous Cosmic Rays, 23rd ICRC, Invited, Rapporteur, and Highlight Papers, 1994, p. 475.
- Blake, J.B., McNab, M.C., Schulz, M. (1997) Numerical Studies of the Geomagnetic Trapping of Anomalous Cosmic Rays. 25th ICRC 2: pp. 301
- Il'in, V.D., Il'in, I.V., Kuznetsov, S.N. (1993) Accumulation of Oxygen Ions in the Geomagnetic Trap. Kosm. Issled 31: pp. 115
- Dmitriev, A.V., Ilyin, V.D., Kuznetsov, S.N., and Yushkov, B.Yu., Formation of the Radiation Belts by Anomalous Cosmic Rays and Similar Phenomena, in Radiation Belts Models and Standards, Lemaire, J.F., et al., Eds., vol. 97 of Geophysical Monographs, 1997, p. 43.
- Kuznetsov, S.N., Yushkov, B. (1999) Dynamics and Capture of Particles with Variable Electric Charge in Earth Magnetic Dipole Trap (Anomalous Cosmic Rays). 26th ICRC 7: pp. 581
- Bakaldin, A.V., Voronov, S.A., Koldashov, S.V. (1999) Numerical Modeling of Trapping of Cosmic Ray Ions by the Geomagnetic Field. Proc. of MEPhI Scientific Session 4: pp. 54
- Bakaldin, A.V., Koldashov, S.V., Voronov, S.A. (1999) The Simulation of Cosmic Ray Ion Trapping by Geomagnetic Field. 26th ICRC 7: pp. 484
- Dorman, L.I., Smirnov, V.S., Tyasto, M.I. (1971) Kosmicheskie luchi v magnitnom pole Zemli. Nauka, Moscow
- Bakaldin, A.V., Voronov, S.A., Koldashov, S.V., and Shevel'ko, V.P., Stripping of Fast Oxygen Ions in Collisions with Atoms of Light Elements, Zh. Tekh. Fiz., 2000, vol.71, no. 9, p. 17.
- Schulz, M., Lanzerotti, L.J. (1974) Particle Diffusion in the Radiation Belts. Springer, Heidelberg
- Roederer, J. (1970) Dynamics of Geomagnetically Trapped Radiation. Springer, Heidelberg
- Selesnick, R.S., Cummings, A.C., Cummings, J. e. (1995) Geomagnetically Trapped Anomalous Cosmic Rays. J. Geophys. Res 100: pp. 9503
- Il'in, V.D., Il'in, I.V., Kuznetsov, S.N. (1986) Stochastic Instability of Charged Particles in a Magnetic Trap. Kosm. Issled 24: pp. 88
- Leske, R.A. (1999) Long-Term Temporal Behavior of Interplanetary and Trapped Anomalous Cosmic Rays. 26th ICRC 7: pp. 516
- Numerical Simulation of Geomagnetic Trapping of Anomalous Cosmic Ray Ions
Volume 40, Issue 6 , pp 529-533
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors