IAEA reference materials for quality assurance of marine radioactivity measurements
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The IAEA's Marine Environment Laboratory has been assisting laboratories in Analytical Quality Control Services (AQCS) for the analysis of radionuclides in the marine environment since the early seventies. AQCS through world-wide and regional intercomparison exercises and the provision of reference methods and reference materials (RM) have been recognized as an important component of quality assurance/quality control. A total of 43 intercomparison exercises were organized and 37 RM were produced for marine radioactivity studies. All important marine matrices were covered, e.g., seawater, marine sediments of different chemical compositions, fish, shellfish and seaplants. RM were prepared from samples collected at contaminated sites (e.g., the Irish Sea, the Baltic Sea, the Arabian Sea, Mururoa and Bikini Atolls, etc.) as well as from sites affected only by global fallout (e.g., the Pacific Ocean). Available RM are listed in the IAEA biennial catalogue and can be purchased at a minimal price. An overview of prepared RM for radionuclides in marine matrices is presented and discussed in more detail.
- P. P. Povinec, M. K. Pham, J. Gastaud, Quality Assurance of Marine Radioactivity Measurements, Accreditation and Quality Assurance (in press).
- H. D. Livingston, P. P. Povinec, M. Coquery, J-P. Villeneuve, Analytical Quality Control Services Carried out by IAEA-MEL for Marine Environmental Studies, Accreditation and Quality Assurance (in press).
- P. P. Povinec, Future Challenges of the IAEA.s AQCS Programme, IAEA-MEL Report 5/96, Monaco, 1996.
- ISO Certification of Reference Materials. General and Statistical Principles, Guide 35, ISO, Geneva, 1989.
- ISO Quality System Guidelines for the Production of Reference Materials, Guide 34. ISO/IEC, Geneva, 1996.
- IAEA, AQCS Catalogue 1998. 1999, IAEA, Vienna, 1999.
- K. G. W. Inn, Zhichao Lin, M. Schultz, J. Wu, J. J. Filliben, P. Krey, M. Feiner, Chung-King Liu, R. Holloway, J. Harvey, I. L. Larsen, T. Beasley, C. A. Huh, D. McCurdy, P. Germain, M. Yamamoto, J. Handl, D. S. Popplewell, M. J. Woods, S. Jerome, T. H. Bates, A. Holms, B. R. Harvey, K. J. Odell, W. Burnett, G. Smith, E. Lagergren, The NIST Natural Matrix Radionuclide Standard Reference Material Programme for Ocean Studies, International Symposium on Marine Pollution, IAEA-SM-354/30, Monaco, 1998.
- IAEA, Report on the Intercomparison Run and Certified Reference Material IAEA-381, Radionuclides in Irish Sea water, IAEA/AL/118, IAEA/MEL/66, Monaco, 1999.
- P. P. Povinec, C. Badie, A. Baeza, G. Barci-Funel, T. D. Bergan, R. Bojanowski, W. Burnett, J. Eikenberg, V. S. Garcia, J. Gastaud, J. Herrmann, T. K. Ikaheimonen, E. Jakobson, J. Kalimbadjan, J. J. La Rosa, S. H. Lee, W. M. Lueng, S. P. Nielsen, A. Noureddine, M. K. Pham, J-N. Rohou, J. A. Sanchez-Cabeza, J. Suomela, M. Suplinska, E. Wyse, Certified Reference Material for Radionuclides in Sea Water IAEA-381 (Irish Sea water) (in preparation).
- IAEA reference materials for quality assurance of marine radioactivity measurements
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
Volume 248, Issue 1 , pp 211-216
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors