Thermal Study of Surfactant and Anion Adsorption on Clinoptilolite
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The mechanism of surfactant adsorption on various forms of clinoptilolite was studied by DTA, TG and DTG analyses. The examined series of surfactant modified clinoptilolite (SMC) was previously prepared by the adsorption of the surface-active oleylamine on Ca2+, Na+, H+ and mechanochemically treated forms of clinoptilolite. The oleylamine was most strongly adsorbed on H+-forms of clinoptilolite due to the largest number and strength of adsorption sites. The surfactant adsorption mechanism on H+-form of clinoptilolite was studied by recording the series of variously surfactant-loaded samples. The products of sulphate, dihydrogenphosphate and hydrogenchromate adsorption on SMC were analyzed by DTA, TG and DTG in order to investigate the mechanism of anion adsorption.
- Yariv, S. (1996) Thermochim. Acta 274: pp. 1
- Parker, L. M., Bibby, D. M., Meinhold, R. H. (1985) Zeolites 5: pp. 384
- Choundhary, V. R., Nayak, V. S. (1985) Zeolites 5: pp. 15
- Anderson, M. W., Klinowski, J. (1986) Zeolites 6: pp. 150
- Grejtak, F., Krajčović, P., Komadel, P. (1995) Thermochim. Acta 264: pp. 193
- E. Popovici, A. Vatajanu and A. Anastasiu, Natural Zeolites-Sofia'95, G. Kirov, L. Filizova and O. Petrov (Eds.), Pensoft Publ., Sofia 1997, p. 61.
- Haggerty, G. M., Bowman, R. S. (1994) Environmental Science and Technology 28: pp. 452
- Vujaković, M. Tomašević-Čanović, A. Daković and V. Dondur, 'The adsorption of sulphate, hydrogenchromate and dihydrogenphosphate anions by surfactant-modified clinoptilolite', in press in Applied Clay Science 2000.
- Tomazović, B., Ćeranić, T., Sijarić, G. (1996) Zeolites 16: pp. 301
- Barrer, R. M., Makki, M. B. (1964) Can. J. Chem. 42: pp. 1481
- D. L. Bish and C. J. Duffy, Thermal Analysis in Clay Science, J. W. Stucki, D. L. Bish and F. A. Mumpton (Eds.), The Clay Minerals Society, Boulder 1990, p. 96.
- S. Yariv, 'Differential thermal analysis (DTA) of organo-clay complexes', Werner Smykatz-Kloss, Slade St. J. Warne (Eds.), Thermal Analysis in the Geosciences, Springer Verlag, 38 (1991) 328.
- Thermal Study of Surfactant and Anion Adsorption on Clinoptilolite
Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry
Volume 63, Issue 1 , pp 161-172
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- acid sites
- thermal analysis
- Industry Sectors