Construction of the Control Realizing the Rotation of a Timoshenko Beam
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We consider the linear model of a slowly rotating Timoshenko beam in a horizontal plane whose moment is controlled by the angular acceleration of the disk of the driving motor into which the beam is clamped. This work complements our previous results on the controllability of the beam from a position of rest into another position of rest; we give a method of construction of a piecewise constant control solving the problem.
- Sakava, Y., Ito, R., and Fuji, N., Optimal Control of a Flexible Arm, Control Theory for Distributed Parameter Systems and Applications, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 54, pp. 175–187, 1983.
- Delfour, M. C., Kern, M., Passeron, L., and Sevenne, B., Modelling of a Rotating Flexible Beam, Control of Distributed Parameter Systems, Edited by H. E. Rauch, Pergamon Press, Los Angeles, California, pp. 383–387, 1986.
- Leugering, G., Control and Stabilization of a Flexible Arm, Dynamics and Stability of Systems, Vol. 5, pp. 37–42, 1990.
- Leugering, G., On Control and Stabilization of a Rotating Beam by Applying Moments at the Base Only, Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations, Edited by K. N. Hoffman and W. Krabs, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 149, pp. 182–191, 1991.
- Krabs, W., Controllability of a Rotating Beam, Analysis and Optimization, State and Frequency Domain Approaches for Infinite—Dimensional Systems, Edited by R. F. Curtain, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 185, pp. 447–458, 1993.
- Ballas, K., Steuerung eines rotierenden, flexiblen Balkens mit einem Drehmoment von minimaler L 2 -Norm, Diplomarbeit, Technical University Dormstadt, 1994.
- Krabs, W., On the Controllability of the Rotation of a Flexible Arm, Control and Estimation of Distributed Parameter Systems, Nonlinear Phenomena, Edited by W. Desch et al., International Series on Numerical Mathematics, Birkhaüser Verlag, Basel, Switzerland, Vol. 118, pp. 267–269, 1994.
- Krabs, W., and Nguen, C. L., On the Controllability of a Robot Arm, Mathematical Methods of Applied Science, Vol. 21, pp. 25–42, 1998.
- Xiong, X. J., Modelling, Control, and Computer Simulation of a Rotating Timoshenko Beam, PhD Thesis, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1997.
- Krabs, W., and Sklyar, G. M., On the Controllability of a Slowly Rotating Timoshenko Beam, Zeitschrift für Analysis und Ihre Anwendungen, Vol. 18, pp. 437–448, 1999.
- Krabs, W., and Sklyar, G. M., On the Stabilizability of a Slowly Rotating Timoshenko Beam, Zeitschrift für Analysis und Ihre Anwendungen (to appear).
- Krabs, W., On Moment Theory and Controllability of One-Dimensional Vibrating Systems and Heating Processes, Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 173, 1992.
- Construction of the Control Realizing the Rotation of a Timoshenko Beam
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 107, Issue 1 , pp 51-68
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Timoshenko beam
- moment problem
- piecewise constant control
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, Szczecin University, Szczecin, Poland
- 2. Department of Differential Equations and Control, Kharkov State University, Kharkov, Ukraine
- 3. Technische Universität Darmstadt, Fachbereich Mathematik, Darmstadt, Germany
- 4. Department of Mathematical Analysis, Kharkov State University, Kharkov, Ukraine