The Politics of Multiculturalism: A review of Brian Berry, 2001, Culture and equality: An egalitarian critique of multiculturalism
- Andrew Wright
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Galston, W.A. (1991). Liberal purposes: Goods, virtues, and diversity in the liberal state. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Galston, W.A. (2002). Liberal pluralism: The implications of value pluralism for political theory and practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Kymlicka,W. (1995). Multicultural citizenship: A liberal theory of minority rights. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kymlicka, W. (2001). Politics in the vernacular: Nationalism, multiculturalism, and citizenship. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Linzey, A. (1994). Animal theology. London: SCM.
- Locke, J. (1993a). An essay concerning toleration. In D. Wootton (ed), John Locke: Political writings (pp. 186–209). Harmondsworth: Penguin Books.
- Locke, J. (1993b). A letter concerning toleration. In D. Wootton (ed), John Locke: Political writings (pp. 309–435). Harmondsworth: Penguin Books.
- Parekh, B. (2000). Rethinking multiculturalism: Cultural diversity and political theory. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Popper, K.R. (1966). The open society and its enemies. Volume One: Plato, 5th revised edition. London: Routledge and Kegan Paul.
- Taylor, C. (1992). Multiculturalism and 'the politics of recognition'. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press.
- Taylor, C. (1993). Reconciling the solitudes: Essays on Canadian federalism and nationalism. Montreal: McGill-Queens University Press.
- Wolterstorff, N. (1996). John Locke and the ethics of belief. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wright, A. (2001). Religious education, religious literacy and democratic citizenship. In L.J. Francis, J. Astley & M. Robbins (eds), The fourth R for the third millennium: Education in religion and values for the global future (pp. 201–219). Dublin: Lindisfarne.
- Wright, A. (2003). Freedom, equality, fraternity? Towards a liberal defence of faith community schools. British Journal of Religious Education, 25(2), in press.
- Young, I.M. (1990). Justice and the politics of difference. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press.
- Young, I.M. (2000). Inclusion and democracy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- The Politics of Multiculturalism: A review of Brian Berry, 2001, Culture and equality: An egalitarian critique of multiculturalism
Studies in Philosophy and Education
Volume 23, Issue 4 , pp 299-311
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Andrew Wright (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Education and Professional Studies, School of Social Science & Public Policy, King's College, University of London, London, SE1 9NN, UK