Genetic Structure of Iranian-Speaking Populations from Azerbaijan Inferred from the Frequencies of Immunological and Biochemical Gene Markers
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The data on the genetic studies of Iranian-speaking populations from Azerbaijan (Talyshs and Tats) are presented. In these populations gene frequency distributions for the immunological (AB0, MN, Rhesus-D, -C, -E, P, Lewis, and Kell-Chellano) and biochemical (HP, GC, C′3, TF, 6PGD, GLO1, ESD, ACP1, and PGM1) gene markers were determined. Comparison of the genetic structure of the populations examined with the other Iranian-speaking populations (Persians and Kurds from Iran, Ossetins, and Tajiks) and Azerbaijanis showed that Iranian-speaking populations from Azerbaijan were more close to Azerbaijanis, than to Iranian-speaking populations inhabiting other world regions.
- Genofond i genogeografiya narodonaseleniya (The Gene Pool and Gene Geography of the Human Population), vol. 1: Genofond naseleniya Rossii i sopredel'nykh stran (The Gene Pool of Russia and Adjacent Countries), Rychkov, Yu.G., Ed., St. Petersburg: Nauka, 2000.
- Rychkov, Yu.G., On the Head Deformation Associated with Traditional Ways of Infant Care (On Evidence of Anthropological Examination Carried out in Azerbaijan), Kratk. Soobshch. Ins. Etnograf. im. N.N. Miklukho-Maklaya, 1957, no. 27, pp. 64–82.
- Kasimova, R.M., Antropologicheskaya kharakteristika naseleniya Azerbaidzhana (Anthropological Characterization of the Azerbaijani Population), Baku: Elm, 1975.
- Rasulov, E.M., Gene Geography and a Concept of Preventing the Molecular Genetic Variants of β-Thalassemia in Azerbaijan, Doctoral (Biol.) Dissertation, Kiev, 1992.
- Movsum-zade, K.M., Rasulov, E.M., and Asporova, T.A., Analysis of the Genetic Heterogeneity of G6PD Defi-ciency and β-Thalassemia in the Azerbaijani Republic, Izv. Akad. Nauk AzSSR, Ser. Biol. Nauki, 1980, no. 5, pp. 99–105.
- Rautian, G.S., Mironenko, E.V., Anokhin, A.P., et al., The Genetic Demographic Structure of the Talysh Population, Genetika (Moscow), 1993, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 837–843.
- Rautian, G.S., Ata-Muradova, F.A., and Mironenko, E.V., The Migration Structure and Inbreeding in the Talysh Population, Genetika (Moscow), 1993, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 1035–1040.
- Karaev, Z.I. and Rasulov, E.M., Distribution and Genetic Heterogeneity of the Cleft Lip and Palate in the Lenkoran'-Astarinskaya Zone of the Azerbaijani Republic, Tsitol. Genet., 1996, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 86–90.
- Asanov, A.Yu., Population Dynamics and Gene Geography of β-Thalassemia in Republics of the Former Soviet Union, Doctoral (Med.) Dissertation, Moscow, 1997.
- Alieva, K.A., Population Genetic and Genetico-Demographic Characterization of the Population of Several Regions of the Azerbaijani Republic, Znanie: Biologiya, 2000, no. 1, pp. 49–54.
- Narody Kavkaza (Caucasian Ethnic Groups), Tolstova, S.P., Ed., Moscow: Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1962, vol. 2, p. 187.
- Bunak, V.V., The Anthropological Composition of the Caucasian Population, Vestn. Gos. Muzeya Gruzii, 1947, vol. 13-A, pp. 89–109.
- Immunoserologiya (normativnye dokumenty) (Immunoserology (Regulations)), Moscow: Gematol. Nauchn. Tsentr, 1998.
- Peackok, C., Punting, S.C., and Queen, K.G., Serum Protein Electrophoresis in Polyacrylamide Gel: Patterns from Normal Human Subjects, Science, 1965, vol. 147, p. 1451.
- Harris, H. and Hopkinson, D.A., Handbook of Enzyme Electrophoresis in Human Genetics, Amsterdam: North Holland, 1976.
- Kuhnl, P., Schwabenland, P., and Spielmann, W., Investigation on the Polymorphism of Glyoxalase (EC 184.108.40.206) in the Population of Hessen, Germany, Hum. Genet., 1977, vol. 38, p. 99.
- Kuhnl, P. and Spielmann, W., Investigation on the PGM1 Polymorphism (Phosphoglucomutase EC 220.127.116.11) by Isoelectric Focusing, Hum. Genet., 1978, vol. 43, p. 57.
- Radola, B.J., Ultrathin-Layer Isoelectric Focusing in 50–100 µm Polyacrylamide Gels on Silanized Glass Plates or Polyester Films, Electrophoresis (Weinheim, Fed. Repub. Ger.), 1980, vol. 1, p. 43.
- Nill, J. and Shell, U., Nasledstvennost' cheloveka (Human Heredity), Moscow: Inostrannaya Literatura, 1958.
- Li, C.C., First Course in Population Genetics, Pacific Grove: Boxwood, 1976.
- Edwards, A.W.F. and Cavalli-Sforza, L.L., Reconstruction of Evolutionary Trees, Publ. Syst. Assoc., 1964, vol. 6, pp. 67–76.
- Mourant, A.E., Kopec, A.C., and Domaniewska-Sobczak, K., The Distribution of the Human Blood Groups and Other Polymorphisms, London: Oxford Univ., 1976.
- Rychkov, Yu.G., Balanovskaya, E.V., Zhukova, O.V., et al., The Gene Pool, Gene Geography, and Disease Incidence (with the Data on North Ossetia), Usp. Sovrem. Genet., 1996, no. 20, pp. 113–199.
- Bruk, S.I., Naselenie mira. Etnodemograficheskii spravochnik (The Global Population: An Ethnodemographical Handbook), Moscow: Nauka, 1981, p. 236.
- Genetic Structure of Iranian-Speaking Populations from Azerbaijan Inferred from the Frequencies of Immunological and Biochemical Gene Markers
Russian Journal of Genetics
Volume 39, Issue 11 , pp 1334-1342
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links