Analysis of Propagation Conditions of ELF Radio Waves on the “Zeus”–Transbaikalia Path
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider the results of measurements of the absolute values of horizontal electric and magnetic components of the electromagnetic field of the “Zeus” ELF radio facility at frequencies 33, 44, 82, and 188 Hz, carried out in Transbaikalia. Electromagnetic-field variations during 17 semidiurnal sessions (about 204 hours of synchronous records) are analyzed. The length of the “Zeus”–Transbaikalia path is approximately 4000 km.
- IEEE Trans. Commun., Com. 22, No. 4, Special issue on extremely low frequency (ELF) (1974), p. 156.
- Ryazantsev, _. M. (1982) Theoretical and Experimental Results of Studying the ELF Radio-Wave Propagation in the "Earth-Ionosphere" Waveguide (Review). TsOONTI "´Ekos,", Moscow
- Galeys, J. (1972) Terrestrial Propagation of Long Electromagnetic Waves. Pergamon Press, New York
- Fullekrug, M., Fraser-Smith, A.C. (1996) Geophys. Res. Lett. 23: pp. 2773
- Greifinger, C., Greifinger, P. (1978) Radio Sci. 13: pp. 831
- Bashkuev, Y., Khaptanov, V.B. (2001) Izvestiya, Phys. Solid Earth 2: pp. 157
- Velikhov, E.P., Zhamaletdinov, A.A., Shevtsov, A.A. (1998) Izvestiya, Phys. Solid Earth 34: pp. 615
- “Method and equipment for measuring the surface impedance” [in Russian], Author's Certificate No. 299005, published 01.08.89.
- Field, E.C., Joiner, R. G. (1979) Radio Sci. 14: pp. 1057
- Bannister, P.R. (1985) Radio Sci. 20: pp. 977
- Analysis of Propagation Conditions of ELF Radio Waves on the “Zeus”–Transbaikalia Path
Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics
Volume 46, Issue 12 , pp 909-917
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors