A unified nomenclature for Arabidopsis dynamin-related large GTPases based on homology and possible functions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Arimura, S. and Tsutsumi, N. 2002. A dynamin-like protein (ADL2b), rather than FtsZ, is involved in Arabidopsis mitochondrial division. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99: 5727–5731.
- Dombrowski, J.E. and Raikhel, N.V. 1995. Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel GTP-binding protein of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol. Biol. 28: 1121–1126
- Gao, H., Kadirjan-Kalbach, D., Froehlich, J.E. and Osteryoung, K.W. 2003. ARC5, a cytosolic dynamin-like protein from plants, is part of the chloroplast division machinery. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100: 4328–4333.
- Gu, X. and Verma, D.P.S. 1996. Phragmoplastin, a dynamin-like protein associated with cell plate formation in plants. EMBO J. 15: 695–704.
- Gu, X. and Verma, D.P.S. 1997. Dynamics of phragmoplastin in living cells during cell plate formation and uncoupling of cell elongation from the plane of cell division. Plant Cell 9: 157–169.
- Hinshaw, J.E. 2000. Dynamin and its role in membrane fission. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 16: 483–519.
- Hong, Z., Geisler-Lee, C.J., Zhang, Z., and Verma, D.P.S. 2003. Phragmoplastin dynamics: multiple forms, microtubule association and their roles in cell plate formation in plants. Plant Mol. Biol. 53: 297–312.
- Jin, J.B., Kim, Y.A., Kim, S.J., Lee, S.H., Kim, D.H., Cheong, G.W. and Hwang, I. 2001. A new dynamin-like protein, ADL6, is involved in trafficking from the trans-Golgi network to the central vacuole in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 13: 1511–1526.
- Kang, B.H., Busse, J.S. and Bednarek, S.Y. 2003a. Members of the Arabidopsis dynamin-like gene family, ADL1, are essential for plant cytokinesis and polarized cell growth. Plant Cell 15: 899–913.
- Kang, B., Busse, J.S., Dickey, C., Rancour, D.M. and Bednarek, S.Y. 2001. The Arabidopsis cell plate-associated dynamin-like protein, ADL1Ap, is required for multiple stages of plant growth and development. Plant Physiol. 126: 47–68.
- Kang, B.H., Rancour, D.M. and Bednarek, S.Y. 2003b. The dynamin-like protein ADL1C is essential for plasma membrane maintenance during pollen maturation. Plant J. 35: 1–15.
- Kang, S.G., Jing, J.B., Hai, P.L., Kyeong, P., Hyun, J.J., Jeong, L. and Hwang, I. 1998. Molecular cloning of an Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a dynamin-like protein that is localized to plastids. Plant Mol. Biol. 38: 437–447.
- Lam, B.C., Sage, T.L., Bianchi, F. and Blumwald, E. 2002. Regulation of ADL6 activity by its associated molecular network. Plant J. 31: 565–576.
- Lee, S.H., Jin, J.B., Song, J., Min, M.K., Park, D.S., Kim, Y.W. and Hwang, I. 2002. The intermolecular interaction between the PH domain and the C-terminal domain of Arabidopsis dynaminlike 6 determines lipid binding specificity. J. Biol. Chem. 277: 31842–31849.
- Lauber, M.H., Waizenegger, I., Steinmann, T., Schwarz, H., Mayer, U., Hwang, I., Lukowitz, W. and Jurgens, G. 1997. The Arabidopsis KNOLLE protein is a cytokinesis-specific syntaxin. J Cell Biol. 139: 1485–1493.
- Mikami, K., Iuchi, S., Yamaguchi-Shinozaki, K. and Shinozaki, K. 2000. A novel Arabidopsis thaliana dynamin-like protein containing the pleckstrin homology domain. J. Exp. Bot. 51: 317–318.
- Miyagishima, S.Y., Nishida, K., Mori, T., Matsuzaki, M., Higashiyama, T., Kuroiwa, H. and Kuroiwa, T. 2003. A plantspecific dynamin-related protein forms a ring at the chloroplast division site. Plant Cell 15: 655–665.
- Nishida, K., Takahara, M., Miyagishima, S.Y., Kuroiwa, H., Matsuzaki, M. and Kuroiwa, T. 2003. Dynamic recruitment of dynamin for final mitochondrial severance in a primitive red alga. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100: 2146–2151.
- Park, J.M., Cho, J.H., Kang, S.G., Jang, H.J., Pih, K.T., Piao, H.L., Cho, M.J. and Hwang, I. 1998. A dynamin-like protein in Arabidopsis thaliana is involved in biogenesis of thylakoid membranes. EMBO J. 17: 859–867.
- Sever, S. 2002. Dynamin and endocytosis. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 14: 463–467.
- Verma, D.P.S. (2001) Cytokinesis and building of the cell plate in Plants. Ann. Rev. Plant. Physiol. Plant Mol. Biol. 52: 751–784.
- A unified nomenclature for Arabidopsis dynamin-related large GTPases based on homology and possible functions
Plant Molecular Biology
Volume 53, Issue 3 , pp 261-265
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA
- 2. Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI, 53706, USA
- 3. Department of Pomology, University of California, One Shields Ave., Davis, CA, 95616, USA
- 4. Division of Molecular and Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, 790-784, Korea
- 5. Lehrstuhl fur Entwicklungsgenetik, Universität Tübingen, 72076, Tübingen, Germany
- 6. Zellbiologie der Pflanzen, Botanisches Institut, Universität Bonn, Kirschallee 1, Bonn, 53115, Germany
- 7. Department of Plant Biology, 166 Plant Biology Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, 48824, USA
- 8. Department of Botany and Plant Sciences and Center for Plant Cell Biology, University of California, Riverside, CA, 92521, USA
- 9. Laboratory of Plant Molecular Biology, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, 305-0074, Japan
- 10. Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8657, Japan
- 11. Department of Molecular Genetics and Plant Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 43210, USA