On Conjugacy p-Separability of Free Products of Two Groups with Amalgamation
- E. A. Ivanova
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
It is proved that a free product of two finite p-groups with amalgamated central subgroups is a conjugacy p-separable group. With the help of this result, it is proved that a free product with amalgamated subgroups of two finitely generated Abelian groups is a residually finite p-group if and only if it is conjugacy p-separable.
- J. L. Dyer, “Separating conjugates in amalgamated free products and HNN extensions,” Austral. Math. Soc. Ser. A, 29 (1980), 35–51.
- G. Baumslag, “On the residual finiteness of generalised free products of nilpotent groups,” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 106 (1963), 193–209.
- G. Higman, “Amalgams of p-groups,” J. Algebra, 1 (1964), 301–305.
- D. N. Azarov and E. A. Ivanova, “On the residual nilpotence of a free product with amalgamation of locally nilpotent groups,” in: Nauch. Tr. IvGU. Ser. Matem. V. 2 [in Russian], Izd-vo IvGU, Ivanovo, 1999, pp. 5–7.
- P. F. Stebe, “A residual property of certain groups,” Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 26 (1970), 37–42.
- R. Lyndon and P. E. Shupp, Combinatorial Group Theory, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1977.
- W. Magnus, A. Karrass, and D. Solitar, Combinatorial Group Theory, Dover Publ., New York, 1976.
- B. H. Neumann, “An essay on free products of groups with amalgamations,” Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A, 246 (1954), 503–554.
- On Conjugacy p-Separability of Free Products of Two Groups with Amalgamation
Volume 76, Issue 3-4 , pp 465-471
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- residually finite group
- residually p-finite group
- free product with amalgamation
- conjugacy separable group
- conjugacy p-separable group
- Industry Sectors
- E. A. Ivanova (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Ivanovo State University, russia