Pairs of Short Root Subgroups in the Chevalley Group of Type G 2
- V. V. Nesterov
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The paper is devoted to a description of the pairs of unipotent short root subgroups in the Chevalley group of type G 2 over a field of characteristic different from 2. Namely, the subgroups generated by a pair of short root subgroups are described, and the orbits of the Chevalley group, which acts by simultaneous conjugation on such pairs, are classified. Most of the calculations are valid for fields of characteristic 2. Bibliography: 14 titles.
- N. A. Vavilov, “Geometry of long root subgroups in Chevalley groups,” Vestn. Leningr. Univ., Mat., 21,No. 1, 5–10 (1988).
- N. A. Vavilov, “Mutual arrangement of long and short root subgroups in a Chevalley group,” Vestn. Leningr. Univ., Mat., 22,No. 1, 1–7 (1989).
- N. A. Vavilov, “Subgroups of Chevalley groups containing a maximal torus,” Trudy Leningr. Mat. Obshch., 1, 64–109 (1990).
- A. S. Kondrat'ev, “Subgroups of finite Chevalley groups,” Usp. Mat. Nauk, 41,No. 1, 57–90 (1986).
- V. V. Nesterov, “Pairs of short root subgroups in a Chevalley group,” Dokl. Ros. Akad. Nauk, 357, 302–305 (1997).
- V. V. Nesterov, “The arrangement of long and short root subgroups in the Chevalley group of type G 2,” Zap. Nauchn. Semin. POMI, 272, 273–285 (2000).
- M. Aschbacher and G. M. Seitz, “Involutions in Chevalley groups over fields of even order,” Nagoya Math. J., 63, 1–91 (1976).
- B. N. Cooperstein, “The geometry of root subgroups in exceptional groups,” Geometria Dedicata, 8,No. 3, 317–381 (1979); II, 15, No. 1, 1–45 (1983).
- B. N. Cooperstein, “Geometry of long root subgroups in groups of Lie type,” Proc. Symp. Pure Math., 38, 243–248 (1980).
- J. Hurrelbrink and U. Rehmann, “Eine endliche Präsentation der Gruppe G2(ℤ),” Math. Z., 141, 243–251 (1975).
- W. M. Kantor, “Subgroups of classical groups generated by long root elements,” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., 248,No. 2, 347–379 (1979).
- W. M. Kantor, “Generation of linear groups,” in: The Geometric Vein: Coxeter Festschift, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1981), pp. 497–509.
- Pairs of Short Root Subgroups in the Chevalley Group of Type G 2
Journal of Mathematical Sciences
Volume 120, Issue 4 , pp 1630-1641
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- V. V. Nesterov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The Baltic State Technical University, St.Petersburg