Modeling of the Process of Electric‐Discharge Sintering of Metal Powders
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Consideration has been given to the process of electric‐discharge sintering (EDS) of a powder fill in passing an electric current through it. The dependences for calculation of the heat release, the efficiency of an EDS unit, the resistance of a powder fill, and the temperature in the contact zone have been obtained. An algorithm for calculation of the technological parameters of the process of EDS has been given.
- Shakery, M., Al-Hassani, S. T. S., Davies, T. J. (1979) Discharge powder compaction. Powder Met. 11: pp. 120-124
- A. Ph. Ilyuschenko, V. V. Savich, K. E. Belyavin, and D. V. Minko, Technology of powder metallurgy and spraying protective coatings for implants production, in: Proc. III Symp. on Orthopaedic and Prosthetic Engineering IOP 2001, Bialystok (2001), pp. 57–65.
- K. E. Belyavin, D. V. Min'ko, and O. O. Kuznechik, Peculiarities of obtaining porous small-size thin-walled products made of spherical titanium powders, in: New Materials and Technologies: Powder Metallurgy, Composite Materials, Protective Coatings [in Russian], Minsk (2002), pp. 95, 96.
- S. A. Balankin, S. S. Bashlykov, I. I. Bykov, et al., Electric-Pulse Compaction of Powder Materials [in Russian], Preprint No. 6 of the Institute of Problems of Materials Science, Academy of Sciences of Ukr. SSR, Kiev (1985).
- A. I. Raichenko, M. É. Koval'chinskii, and D. A. Levina, Study of electric-discharge sintering of oxidized metal powders, Poroshk. Metall., No. 10, 10–26, Kiev (1976).
- Al-Khassani, New trends in the theory and technology of sintering, in: Progressive Technological Processes in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Minsk (1982), pp. 83–91.
- K. E. Belyavin, V. V. Mazyuk, D. V. Min'ko, and V. K. Sheleg, Theory and Practice of Electric-Pulse Sintering of Porous Powder Materials [in Russian], Minsk (1977).
- K. E. Belyavin, Theoretical Principles of Electric-Pulse Sintering of Metal Powders [in Russian], Minsk (1998).
- H. J. Pain, in: The Physics of Vibrations and Waves [Russian translation], Moscow (1979), pp. 11–60.
- Savel, I. V. (1991) Principles of Theoretical Physics 1: pp. 69-85
- P. A. Vityaz', V. M. Kaptsevich, K. E. Belyavin, et al., Contact formation in electric-pulse sintering of titanium-alloy powder, Poroshk. Metall., Issue 7, 20–23, Minsk (1990).
- K. E. Belyavin, A. E. Galkin, T. E. Prezhina, et al., Contact formation in electric-pulse sintering of polydisperse titanium granules, Tsvet. Metally, No. 10, 53–55, Moscow (1991).
- K. E. Belyavin, A. S. Dudko, D. V. Min'ko, and L. L. Maksimenko, Model of the process of contact formation in electric-pulse sintering of metal powders, Poroshk. Metall., Issue 15, 3, 4, Minsk (1992).
- O. I. Trebushko, Principles of the Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity [in Russian], Moscow (1984).
- E. F. Vinokurov, M. K. Balykin, I. A. Golubev, et al., Handbook of the Resistance of Materials [in Russian], Minsk (1988).
- K. E. Belyavin, V. V. Mazyuk, and D. V. Min'ko, Study of heat transfer in powder particles in electric-pulse sintering, Poroshk. Metall., Issue 18, 52–55, Minsk (1995).
- A. I. Raichenko, V. M. Kaptsevich, K. E. Belyavin, and A. A. Gurevich, Study of the conditions of stability of interparticle contacts in electric-pulse sintering, in: Electrophysical Technologies in Powder Metallurgy [in Russian], Kiev (1989), pp. 72–78.
- M. Ya. Vygodskii, in: Handbook of Higher Mathematics [in Russian], 3rd edn., Moscow (1958), pp. 395–582.
- Modeling of the Process of Electric‐Discharge Sintering of Metal Powders
Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics
Volume 77, Issue 3 , pp 628-637
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors