Modeling Electrical Properties of Gold Films at Infrared Frequency Using FDTD Method
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) algorithm is applied to analyze the electrical properties of gold films, whose relative permittivity is described by the Lorentz-Drude model in infrared and optical frequencies. The skin depth and reflectivity are calculated using the frequency-dependent FDTD method. The results are compared to analytical solutions and an excellent agreement is reported.
- Morgan M. D., Home W. E., Sundaram V., Wolfe J. C., Pendharkar S. V. and Tiberion R., "Application of optical filters fabricated by masked ion beam lithography", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B,Nov/Dec 1996, Vol. 14 No. 6, pp. 3903–3906. CrossRef
- Wu T. K., "Infrared filters for high-efficiency thermovoltaic devices", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,May 1997, Vol. 15 No. 1, pp. 9–12. CrossRef
- Raynolds J. E., Munk B. A., Pryor J. B., and Marhefka R. J., "Ohimc loss in frequency-selective surfaces", Journal of Applied Physics,May 2003, Vol. 93 No. 9, pp. 5346–5358. CrossRef
- Ehreneich H. and Philipp H. R. and Segall B., "Optical properties of aluminum," Phys, Rev. 132, 1963, pp. 1918–1629.
- Ehrenreich H. and Philipp H. R., "Optical properties of Ag and Cu," Phys. Rev. 128, 1962, pp. 1622–1629. CrossRef
- Rakic A. D., Djurisic A. B., Elazar J. M., and Majewski M. L., "Optical properties of metallic films for vertical-cavity optoelectronic devices", Applied Optics,August 1998, Vol. 37 No. 22,pp. 5271–5283.
- K. S. Yee, "Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell's equations in isotropic media," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagat.,Vol. 17, 1966, pp. 585–589.
- Taflove A. Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite Difference Time Domain Method. Norwood, MA: Artech House, 2000.
- Luebbers R., Hunsberger F., Kunz K., Standler R., and Scheider M., "A frequency-dependent finite-difference time-domain formulation for dispersive materials", IEEE Tran. Electromag. Compat.,vol.EMC-32, Aug. 1990, pp. 222–227. CrossRef
- Sullivan D. M., "Frequency-dependent FDTD methods using Z transforms', IEEE Trans. Antenna and Propagat.,vol. AP-40, Oct. 1992, pp.1223–1230. CrossRef
- Modeling Electrical Properties of Gold Films at Infrared Frequency Using FDTD Method
International Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves
Volume 25, Issue 8 , pp 1263-1270
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Gold Film
- Skin depth and Reflectivity
- Industry Sectors