Glass Transition and Crystallization of Glasses Based on Rare-Earth Borates
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The glass formation is investigated and the highest contents of rare-earth oxides are determined in glasses of the Ln 2O3–B2O3 system in the composition region (Ln 2O3)1 + x · 3B2O3 (Ln = La, Nd, Gd, Er, Dy, Yb, Lu; 0 ≤ x ≤ 0.8). It is shown that the total content of rare-earth oxides in the La2O3–Ln 2O3–B2O3 ternary system can substantially exceed their highest content in the binary systems. The devitrification of glasses in the La2O3–Ln 2O3–B2O3 system at temperatures above the glass transition point T g is analyzed.
- Angel, C.A., Scamehorm, C.A., List, D.J., and Kieffer, J., Glassforming Liquid Oxides at the Fragile Limit of the Viscosity Temperature Relationship, in Glass'89: Proceedings of the XV International Congress on Glass, Leningrad: Nauka, 1989, vol. 1a, pp. 204–209.
- Vaz de Araujo, A.C., Weber, I.T., Santos, B.S., da Silva, B.J.P., de Mello, R.P., Jr., Alves, S., Jr., de Sa, G.F., and de Mello Donega C., Spectroscopy and Crystallization Behavior of Eu3+-Doped La2O3: BeO3 Binary Glasses, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, 1997, vol. 219, pp. 160–164.
- Gan Fuxi, Recent Development of Scintillating Glasses with Heavy Metal Elements, in Proceedings of the XII International Symposium on Non-Oxide Glasses and Advanced Materials, Brazil, 2000, pp. 433-438.
- Diagrammy sostoyaniya sistem tugoplavkikh oksidov. Spravochnik (Phase Diagrams of High-Melting Oxide Systems: A Handbook), Galakhov, F.Ya., Ed., Leningrad: Nauka, 1985, part 1.
- Glass Transition and Crystallization of Glasses Based on Rare-Earth Borates
Glass Physics and Chemistry
Volume 30, Issue 1 , pp 1-5
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors