Project Selection by Constrained Fuzzy AHP
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The selection of a project among a set of possible alternatives is a difficult task decision makers have to face. Difficulties in selecting a project arise because of the different goals involved and because of the large number of attributes to consider. Our approach is based upon a fuzzy extension of the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). This paper focuses on the constraints that have to be considered within fuzzy AHP in order to take in account all the available information. This study demonstrates that by considering all the information deriving from the constraints better results in terms of certainty and reliability can be achieved.
- Chang, D.-Y. (1996). ''Applications of the Extent Analysis Method on Fuzzy AHP,'' European Journal of Operational Research 95, 649–655.
- Chang, D.-Y. and L. L. Zhang. (1992). ''Extent Analysis and Synthetic Decision,'' Optimization Techniques and Application 1, 352–355.
- Fortemps F. and M. Roubens. (1996). ''Ranking and Defuzzification Methods Based on Area Compensation,'' Fuzzy Sets and Systems 82, 319–330.
- Klir, G. J. (1997). ''Fuzzy Arithmetic with Requisite Constraints''. Fuzzy Sets and System 91, 165–175.
- Lootsma, F. A. (1997). Fuzzy Logic for Planning and Decision Making. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Klir, G. J. and M. J. Wierman. (1999). Uncertanity-Based Information. New York: Physical-Verlag.
- Klir, G. J. and B. Yuan. (1995). Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic Theory and Applications. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
- Pan, Y. (1997). ''Revised Hierarchical Analysis Method Based on Crisp and Fuzzy Entries,'' International Journal of General Systems 26, 115–131.
- Perego, A. and A. Ragonese. (1988). ''A Reference Framework for the Application of MADAM Fuzzy Techniques to Selecting AMTS,'' International Journal of Production Research 36(2), 437–458.
- Ruoning, X. and Z. Xiaoyan. (1992). ''Extension of the Analytic Hierarchy Process in Fuzzy Environment,'' Fuzzy Sets and Systems 52, 251–257.
- Saaty, T. L. (1980). The Analytic Hierarchy Process. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Simon, H. A. (1983). Reason in Human Affairs. Stanford: Stanford University Press.
- van Laarhoven, P. J. M. and W. Pedrycz. (1983). ''A Fuzzy Extension of Saaty's Priority Theory,'' Fuzzy Sets and Systems 11, 229–241.
- Project Selection by Constrained Fuzzy AHP
Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making
Volume 3, Issue 1 , pp 39-62
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- fuzzy sets
- decision analysis