Enhanced activity and enantioselectivity of Candida rugosa lipase immobilized on macroporous adsorptive resins for ibuprofen resolution
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The lipase from Candida rugosa was immobilized on three commercially available macroporous adsorptive resins for kinetic resolution of ibuprofen. One resin, CRB02, increased the enzyme activity by 50% to 0.027 g g−1 min−1. The deactivation constant (0.19 h−1) of the immobilized enzyme was half of that of the native enzyme and the enantioselectivity (E = 29.2) of the immobilized lipase was 2.2 times as much as that of the native lipase for the kinetic resolution of ibuprofen with 1-propanol in isooctane at 30 °C.
- Giorno L, Li N, Drioli E (2003) Use of stable emulsion to improve stability, activity, and enantioselectivity of lipase immobilized in a membrane reactor. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 84: 677-685.
- Gotor V (2002) Lipase and (R)-oxynitrilases: useful tools in organic synthesis. J. Biotechnol. 96: 35-42.
- Hacking MAPJ, Rantwijk FV, Sheldon RA (2000) Lipase catalysed synthesis of diacyl hydrazines: an indirect method for kinetic resolution of chiral acids. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 9: 183-191.
- He ZM, Wu JC, Yao CY, Yu KT (2001) Lipase-catalyzed hydrolysis of olive oil in chemically-modified AOT/isooctane reverse micelles in a hollow fiber membrane reactor. Biotechnol. Lett. 23: 1257-1262.
- Ikeda Y, Kurokawa Y (2002) Enantioselective esterification of racemic ibuprofen in isooctane by immobilized lipase on cellulose acetate-titanium iso-propoxide gel fiber. J. Biosci. Bioeng. 93: 98-100.
- Kamori M, Hori T, Yamashita Y, Hirose Y, Naoshima Y (2000) Immobilization of lipase on a new inorganic ceramics support, toyonite, and the reactivity and enantioselectivity of the immobilized lipase. J. Mol. Catal. B: Enzym. 9: 269-274.
- Klibanov AM (2001) Improving enzymes by using them in organic solvents. Nature 409: 241-246.
- Palomo JM, Fernandez-Lorente G, Mateo C, Ortiz C, Fernandez-Lafuente R, Guisan JM (2002) Modulation of the enantioselectivity of lipases via controlled immobilization and medium engineering: hydrolytic resolution of mandelic acid esters. Enzyme Microb. Technol. 31: 775-783.
- Persson M, Mladenoska I, Wehtje E, Adlerceutz P (2002) Perparation of lipases for use in organic solvents. Enzyme Microb. Technol. 31: 833-841.
- Subramanian A, Kennel SJ, Oden PI, Jacobson KB, Woodward J, Doktycz MJ (1999) Comparison of techniques for enzyme immobilization on silicon supports. Enzyme Microb. Technol. 24: 26-34.
- Wu JC, Zhang GF, He ZM (2001) Enhanced activity of Candida rugosa lipase modified by polyethylene glycol derivatives. Biotechnol. Lett. 23: 211-214.
- Enhanced activity and enantioselectivity of Candida rugosa lipase immobilized on macroporous adsorptive resins for ibuprofen resolution
Volume 26, Issue 8 , pp 629-633
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Candida rugosa
- macroporous adsorptive resin
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Chemical and Process Engineering Centre, National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 4, Singapore, 117576
- 2. Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences, Block 28, Unit #02-28, Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore, 139959