PHYSIOLOGY: The Expression of Pseudogene Cyclin D2 mRNA in the Human Ovary May Be a Novel Marker for Decreased Ovarian Function Associated with the Aging Process
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Purpose: Our purpose was to investigate the expression pattern of cyclin D2 and pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNA in the human ovary with age.
Methods: After extraction of the total RNA from ovarian tissues of 23 premenopausal patients, cyclin D2 and pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNAs were measured by the reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction technique using cyclin D2 and pseudogene cyclin D2 specific primers. Analysis of the cyclin D2 and pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNA expression pattern with age and correlation analysis were carried out.
Results: A 489-bp cyclin D2 band and a 441-bp pseudogene cycin D2 mRNA band were detected in the human ovarian tissue. While cyclin D2 mRNA expression showed a decreasing tendency with age (P = 0.17), pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNA expression increased with age (P < 0.05). Pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNA expression showed a negative correlation with cyclin D2 mRNA (R = −0.35, P < 0.03).
Conclusion: The expression of pseudogene cyclin D2 mRNA in the human ovary increases with age, which may be a novel marker for decreased ovarian function associated with the aging process.
- Inaba T, Matsushime H, Valentine M, Roussel MF, Sherr CJ, Look AT: Genomic organization, chromosomal localization and independent expression of human cyclin D2 genes. Genomics 1992;13:565-574
- Robker RL, Richards JS: Hormone-induced proliferation and differentiation of granulosa cells:Acoordinated balance of the cell cycle regulators cyclin D2 and p27kip1. Mol Endocrinol 1998;12:924-940
- Sicinski P, Donaher JL, Geng Y, Parker SB, Gardner H, Park MY, et al.: Cyclin D2 is a FSH-responsive gene involved in gonadal cell proliferation and oncogenesis. Nature 1996;384:470-474
- Xiong Y, Menninger J, Beach D, Ward DC: Molecular cloning and chromosomal mapping of CCND genes encoding human D-type cyclins. Genomics 1992;13:575-584
- PHYSIOLOGY: The Expression of Pseudogene Cyclin D2 mRNA in the Human Ovary May Be a Novel Marker for Decreased Ovarian Function Associated with the Aging Process
Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics
Volume 18, Issue 2 , pp 110-113
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Human ovary
- cyclin D2
- pseudogene cyclin D2
- Industry Sectors