Controllability of Second-Order Differential Inclusions in Banach Spaces with Nonlocal Conditions
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, we establish sufficient conditions for the controllability ofsecond-order differential inclusions in Banach spaces with nonlocalconditions. We rely on a fixed-point theorem for condensing maps due toMartelli.
- Balachandran, K., Balasubramaniam, P., and Dauer, J. P., Controllability of Nonlinear Integrodifferential Systems in BanachSpace, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 84, pp. 83–91, 1995.
- Han, H. K., and Park, J. Y., Boundary Controllability of Differential Equations with Nonlocal Condition, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 230, pp. 241–250, 1999.
- Byszewski, L., Theorems about the Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions of a Semilinear Evolution Nonlocal Cauchy Problem, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 162, pp. 494–505, 1991.
- Balachandran, K., and Chandrasekaran, M., Existence of Solutions of a Delay-Differential Equation with Nonlocal Condition, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 27, pp. 443–449, 1996.
- Balachandran, K., and Ilamaran, S., Existence and Uniqueness of Mild and Strong Solutions of a Semilinear Evolution Equation withNonlocal Condition, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 25, pp. 411–418, 1994.
- Ntouyas, S. K., and Tsamatos, P. C., Global Existence for Semilinear Evolution Equations withNonlocal Conditions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Vol. 210, pp. 679–687, 1997.
- Ntouyas, S. K., and Tsamatos, P. C., Global Existence for Second-Order Semilinear Ordinary and Delay Integrodifferential Equations with Nonlocal Conditions, Applicable Analysis, Vol. 67, pp. 245–257, 1997.
- Ntouyas, S. K., Global Existence Results for Certain Second-Order Delay Integrodifferential Equations with Nonlocal Conditions, Dynamic Systems and Applications, Vol. 7, pp. 415–426, 1998.
- Martelli, M., A Rothe Type Theorem for Noncompact Acyclic-Valued Map, Bollettino della Unione Mathematica Italiana, Vol. 4, pp. 70–76, 1975.
- Yosida, K., Functional Analysis, 6th Edition, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1980.
- Deimling, K., Multivalued Differential Equations, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1992.
- Hu, S., and Papageorgiou, N., Handbook of Multivalued Analysis, Kluwer, Dordrecht, Holland, 1997.
- Banas, J., and Goebel, K., Measures of Noncompactness in Banach Spaces, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, 1980.
- Goldstein, J. K., Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 1985.
- Heikkila, S., and LAkshmikantham, V., Monotone Iterative Techniques for Discontinuous Nonlinear Differential Equations, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, 1994.
- Fattorini, O., Ordinary Differential Equations in Linear Topological Spaces, I, Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 5, pp. 72–105, 1968.
- Fattorini, O., Ordinary Differential Equations in Linear Topological Spaces, II, Journal of Differential Equations, Vol. 6, pp. 50–70, 1969.
- Travis, C. C., and Webb, G. F., Second-Order Differential Equations in Banach Spaces, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Nonlinear Equations in Abstract Spaces, Academic Press, New York, NY, pp. 331–361, 1978.
- Travis, C. C., and Webb, G. F., Cosine Families and Abstract Nonlinear Second-Order Differential Equations, Acta Mathematica Hungarica, Vol. 32, pp. 75–96, 1978.
- Lasota, A., and Opial, Z., An Application of the Kakutani–Ky-Fan Theorem in the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, Bulletin de l'Académie Polonaise des Sciences, Série des Sciences Mathématiques, Astronomiques et Physiques, Vol. 13, pp. 781–786, 1965.
- Controllability of Second-Order Differential Inclusions in Banach Spaces with Nonlocal Conditions
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications
Volume 107, Issue 3 , pp 559-571
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- nonlocal conditions
- mild solutions
- fixed points
- Industry Sectors