Make Money, Not War: A Brief Critique of Sun Tzu's The Art of War
- Blaine McCormick
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Sun Tzu's text of The Art of War remains a bestsellingand oft-referenced practioner's book. However, its generalizabilityto the current business environment is questionable. This reviewexamines two central tenets of the book – warfare anddeception – and critiques their relevance in lightof current business practice.
- Axelrod, R.: 1984, The Evolution of Cooperation (Basic Books, New York).
- De Mente, B. L.: 1996, Chinese Etiquette and Ethics in Business (NTC Business Books, Lincolnwood, IL).
- Tung, R.: 1994, 'Strategic Management Thought in East Asia', Organizational Dynamics 22(4), 55–65.
- Make Money, Not War: A Brief Critique of Sun Tzu's The Art of War
Journal of Business Ethics
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 285-286
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Sun Tzu
- Industry Sectors
- Blaine McCormick (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Hankamer School of Business, Department of Management, Baylor University, Waco, TX, 76798, U.S.A.