“The Many Faces of Bisexuality”: The 4th International Bisexual Symposium
- B. C. Roberts
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The importance of “diversity” to bisexual politics is discussed. Given the constituency of bisexual communities, the notion of diversity includes not only those social markers of difference, but also the different ways in which bisexuality is experienced and expressed. An encapsulation of the 4th International Bisexual Symposium (IBIS) suggests how, and to what extent, the diversity among bisexuals is addressed.
- Bisexual Anthology Collective, The (Ed.). (1995). Plural desires: Writing bisexual women's realities. Toronto: Sister Vision.
- Bisexual chic: Anyone goes. (1974, May 7). Newsweek, p. 90.
- Brody, J. E. (1974, March 24). Bisexual life-style appears to be spreading and not necessarily among “swingers.” New York Times, p. 57.
- Fox, R. C. (1996). Bisexuality in perspective: A review of theory and research. In B.A. Firestein (Ed.), Bisexuality: The psychology and politics of an invisible minority. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Garber, M. (1995). Vice versa: Bisexuality and the eroticism of everyday life. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- Gerrard, S., & Halpin, J. (1989, October). The risky business of bisexual love. Cosmopolitan, pp. 203–205.
- Hutchins, L., & Ka'ahumanu, L. (Eds.). (1991). Bi any other name: Bisexual people speak out. Boston: Alyson.
- Klemesrud, J. (1974, April, 1). The bisexuals. New York, pp. 37–38.
- Leland, J. (1995, June 17). Bisexuality emerges as a new sexual identity. Newsweek, pp. 44–50.
- Lorde, A. (1983). The master's tools will never dismantle the master's house. In C. Moraga & G. Anzaldúa (Eds.), This bridge called my back: Writing by radical women of color (pp. 98–101). New York: Kitchen Table Press.
- Margold, J. (1974, June). Bisexuality: The newest sex-style. Cosmopolitan, pp. 189–192.
- Mead, M. (1975, January). Bisexuality: What's it all about? Redbook, pp. 29–31.
- New bisexual, The. (1974, May 13). Time, p. 79.
- Rose, S., Stevens, C., et al. (Eds.). (1996). Bisexual horizons: Politics, histories, lives. London: Lawrence & Wishart.
- Russo, V. (1981). The celluloid closet: Homosexuality in the movies. New York: Harper & Row.
- Rust, P. (1995). Bisexuality and the challenge to lesbian politics: Sex, loyalty, and revolution. New York: New York University Press.
- Snellen, M. (1996). Bi-Nieuws.
- Tucker, N. (Ed.). (1995). Bisexual politics: Theories, queries, & visions. Binghamton, NY: Harrington Park Press.
- Weise, E. R. (Ed.). (1992). Closer to home: Bisexuality & feminism. Seattle, WA: Seal Press.
- “The Many Faces of Bisexuality”: The 4th International Bisexual Symposium
International Journal of Sexuality and Gender Studies
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 65-76
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- social differences
- experiential differences
- B. C. Roberts (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Cinema Studies, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, New York, New York