Determination of soft X-ray emitting isotopes in radioactive liquid wastes of nuclear power plants
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The 59Ni and 55Fe radioisotopes were measured in radioactive wastes of some European nuclear power plants. A sample preparation method was developed that starts with the digestion in an oxygen atmosphere at an overpressure in a closed Berthelot calorimeter bomb. The detection limits for 59Ni and 55Fe were measured and calculated in the presence of high background activities from 60Co, 137Cs and 241Am isotopes.
- Annual report on “Treatment, storage and deposition of radioactive wastes in the Nuclear Power Plant of Paks”, Nuclear Power Plant of Paks, Ltd., 2001.
- I. Gresits, S. TÖlgyesi, Zs. SÁndor, J. Solymosi, P. Ormai, A. Fritz, G. Volent, ACH-Models Chem., 134 (1997) 325.
- L. Rodriguez-Barquero, A. Grau, J. M. Los-Arcos, C. Suarez, Standardization of Fe-55 by Liquid Scintillation Counting Using (HDEHP)n Fe-55 Samples. Annales-de-Fisica, Serie-B, 1989.
- W. Goerlich, E. Schenker, J. Hanulik, Quantitative Determination of Iron-55, Nickel-59 and Nickel-63 in Reactor Components, Karlsruhe, 1983.
- E. Holm, P. Roos, B. Skwarzec, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 43 (1992) 371.
- H. M. Kingston, L. B. Jassie (Eds), Introduction to Microwave Sample Preparation: Theory and Practice. Am. Chem. Soc., Washington, DC, 1988.
- E. Hertelendi, Inventory and Characterization of Important Radionuclides for Safety of Storage and Disposal Correlation with Key Nuclides which are Easy to Measure in Typical Waste Steams. Semestrial Progress Report, French Atomic Energy Commission, 1995.
- L. A. Currie, Anal. Chem., 40 (1968) 586.
- W. MÑller, H. Kannen, Intercomparison Test for Quality Assurance of Activity Measurements, Radioactive Waste Management and Environmental Remediation, ASME, 1997.
- W. MÑller, Development of Methods to Provide an Inventory of Important Radionuclides: Analytical Methods and Correlation Data, 4th Conf. of the European Commission on the Management and Disposal of Radioactive Waste, March 1996, Luxemburg.
- N. M. Nagy, J. KÓnya, Colloids Surfaces, 137 (1998) 231.
- Determination of soft X-ray emitting isotopes in radioactive liquid wastes of nuclear power plants
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
Volume 258, Issue 1 , pp 107-112
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors