Brief Report: Two-Year Control of Behavioral Symptoms with Risperidone in Two Profoundly Retarded Adults with Autism
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Chouinard, G., Jones, B., Remington, G., Bloom, D., Addington, D., MacEwan, G. W., Labelle, A., Beauclaire, L., & Arnott, W. (1993). A Canadian multicenter placebo-controlled study of fixed doses of risperidone and haloperidol in the treatment of chronic schizophrenia. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 13, 5–40.
- Cook, E. H., Jr., Rowlett, R., Jaselskis, C., & Leventhal, B. L. (1992). Fluoxetine treatment of children and adults with autistic disorder and mental retardation. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 31, 739–745.
- Feeney, D. J., & Klykylo, W. (1996). Risperidone and tardive dyskinesia. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 35, 1421–1422.
- Gordon, C. T., State, R. C., Nelson, J. E., Hamburger, S., & Rapoport, J. L. (1993). A double-blind comparison of clomipramine, desipramine, and placebo in the treatment of autistic disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 50, 441–447.
- Grant, S., & Fitton, A. (1994). Risperidone. A review of its pharmacology and therapeutic potential in the treatment of schizophrenia. Drugs, 48, 253–273.
- Hardan, A., Johnson, K., Johnson, C., & Hrecznyj, B. (1996). Case study: Risperidone treatment of children and adolescents with developmental disorders. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 35, 1551–1556.
- Horrigan, J. P., & Barnhill, L. J. (1997). Risperidone and explosive aggressive autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 27, 313–323.
- Kumra, S., Herion, D., Jacobsen, L. K., Briguglia, C., & Grothe, D. (1997). Case study: Risperidone-induced hepatotoxicity in pediatric patients. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 36, 701–705.
- Leysen, J. E., Janssen, P. M. F., Megens, A. A. H. P., & Schotte, A. (1994). Risperidone: A novel antipsychotic with balanced serotonin-dopamine antagonism. receptor occupancy profile, and pharmacologic activity. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 55 (5, Suppl.), 5–12.
- McDougle, C. J., Brodkin, E. S., Yeung, P. P., Naylor, S. T., Cohen, D. J., & Price, L. H. (1995). Risperidone in adults with autism or pervasive developmental disorder. Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology, 34, 273–282.
- McDougle, C. J., Holmes, J. P., Bronson, M. R., Anderson, G. M., Volkmar, F. R., Price, L. H., & Cohen, D. J. (1997). Risperidone treatment of children and adolescents with pervasive developmental disorders: A prospective open-label study. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 36, 685–693.
- McDougle, C. J., Naylor, S. T., Cohen, D. J., Volkmar, F. R., Heninger, G. R., & Price, L. H. (1996). A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of fluvoxamine in adults with autistic disorder. Archives of General Psychiatry, 53, 1001–1008.
- Purdon, S. E., Lit, W., Labelle, A., & Jones, B. D. (1994). Risperidone in the treatment of pervasive developmental disorder. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 39, 400–405.
- Simon, E. W., Blubaugh, K. M., & Pippidis, M. (1996). Substituting traditional antipsychotics with risperidone for individuals with mental retardation. Mental Retardation, 34, 359–366.
- Touchette, P. E., MacDonald, R. F., & Langer, S. N. (1985). A scatter-plot for identifying stimulus control of problem behavior. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 18, 343–351.
- Vanden Borre, R., Buttiens, M., Thiry, P., Geutjens, J., Sieben, G., & Heylen, S. (1993). Risperidone as add-on therapy in behavioural disturbances in mental retardation: a double-blind, cross-over study. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavia, 87, 167–171.
- Brief Report: Two-Year Control of Behavioral Symptoms with Risperidone in Two Profoundly Retarded Adults with Autism
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders
Volume 29, Issue 1 , pp 87-91
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Connecticut Department of Mental Retardation, South Central Region, Wallingford, Connecticut
- 2. Clinical Neuroscience Research Unit, Connecticut Mental Health Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
- 3. Harvard University Health Service, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 4. Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana