Meanwhile, Within the Frege Boundary
- Paul Dekker
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In this paper, I want to contribute to understanding and improving on Keenan'sintriguing equivalence result about reducible type < 2 > quantifiers (Keenan, 1992).I give an alternative proof of his result which generalizes to type < 2 > quantifiers, andI show how the reduction of a reducible type < 2 > quantifier to (the composition of) ntype < n > quantifiers can be effected.
- Ben-Shalom, D.: 1994, ‘A Tree Characterization of Generalized Quantifier Reducibility’, in M. Kanazawa and C. Piñón (eds.), Dynamics, Polarity and Quantification, pp. 147–171, CSLI, Stanford.
- Keenan, E. L.: 1992, ‘Beyond the Frege Boundary’, Linguistics and Philosophy 15(2), 199–221.
- Meanwhile, Within the Frege Boundary
Linguistics and Philosophy
Volume 26, Issue 5 , pp 547-556
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Paul Dekker (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute for Logic, Language and Information (ILLC), University of Amsterdam it Nieuwe Doelenstraat, 15 1012, CP, Amsterdam, The Netherlands